Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyone that has retrofitted hid's had any helpful aiming solutions or pics of how they set it up. I shaved out the headlight hole to fit the projector and then thought the assembly adjustments would be enough. Had it in car for while now but over winter taking them apart to aim better and fix a halo that went out. The up and down aiming isnt bad, could be a bit better, but I didnt realize there isnt any side adjustment on the halogen assembly housing. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
84 Posts
You need to shim the mounting location in order to get most of your adjustment. Bench aiming would be your best bet. The OEM adjuster can be use to find tune the height, but I would strongly recommend bench aiming them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if i need them more center shim more from outter side back and inner front to point more of \ angle. How do i get the projector to stay instead of vibrate or move right back? I had planned on aiming them while in the car in garage either before i pull battery or right before car is ungaraged

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
582 Posts
It shouldnt vibrate back. If you use thin washers on whatever bolts you used to mount the projector with, it should be able to slowly bring it into correct alignment and not shake loose once you tighten the nuts up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts