Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Unless the dealer has a specific marketing gimmick that permits this (Carmax), the. You can't 'give it back'. Basically, you are going to leave it on their lot for a month until it gets repo'd.

People think this, but even if you have your receipt the dealer doesn't have to give you a refund.

You likely have a loan with a bank, the dealer is not goin to assume that loan because 1 they don't have to and 2 the car has been titled so it has lost 25% of its value.

·
Registered
598 Posts
They probably won't let you return it. You'll have to trade it in or sell it back to them. I was reading a few weeks back about a guy who got a brand new car. Drove it home, decided he didn't want it and tried to return it the next day. He hassled with the dealership for a few hours. Finally they got the dealership to agree to take the car back, refund him the money but he still had to pay like a $1500 restocking fee. He had put less than 30 miles on the car. He said for a long time the dealership wouldn't budge and only wanted to give him the trade-in value.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh crap
I didn't know that.
Think I might be stuck with it.
It's just something that sits around and I pay $700 a month for to look at.

But...... After reading ur comments I'd have to trade it in. And I know it sounds bad but I'd rather pay that, have this then pay for something I don't want.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well then dont let it sit around. Drive that thing!! It's a mustang man, it wants to be driven. ****tt, if you need me to, I'll drive it for ya! Haha

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JetLife 01GT said:
Well then dont let it sit around. Drive that thing!! It's a mustang man, it wants to be driven. ****tt, if you need me to, I'll drive it for ya! Haha
Lmao im gonna have too! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

GE3G said:
Why do u want to return ur mustang
Dude few reasons, I was laid off for 5 months, still made the payments. Now I have a job, I don't commute, it just sits there, I make way less then I did before, I can survive but with a wife and kid would be easier if I could save that $700 a month.

Love the car, but for once I'm trying to be practical

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
JetLife 01GT said:
They probably won't let you return it. You'll have to trade it in or sell it back to them. I was reading a few weeks back about a guy who got a brand new car. Drove it home, decided he didn't want it and tried to return it the next day. He hassled with the dealership for a few hours. Finally they got the dealership to agree to take the car back, refund him the money but he still had to pay like a $1500 restocking fee. He had put less than 30 miles on the car. He said for a long time the dealership wouldn't budge and only wanted to give him the trade-in value.
+1^. I've heard the same kinda story. The only hope of recouping on your loss if the dealer won't take it back is to try and sell it privately. Good luck and don't let her go without a fight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lmao im gonna have too! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Dude few reasons, I was laid off for 5 months, still made the payments. Now I have a job, I don't commute, it just sits there, I make way less then I did before, I can survive but with a wife and kid would be easier if I could save that $700 a month.

Love the car, but for once I'm trying to be practical

Put it on Craigslist and try and sell it yourself. Not sure about where you live but here the 5.0's are kinda hard to find and dealers have a market value markup on the new ones.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Better luck doing a private sale. Mine sits around too much also but I only pay $300 so that's a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
sell it unless you went into the red loan wise so you cant pay it off, which trading in wont help in that dept either but car lots can "roll" that crap into a new loan and put you further under but at least you would get out of it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeah if you have no equity built up in it your best bet would be to offload it for the remainder of your loan or find someone willing to take over the payments. It sucks but it's how it works. Personally i would try to sell it privately.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Resident Saint said:
Put it on Craigslist and try and sell it yourself. Not sure about where you live but here the 5.0's are kinda hard to find and dealers have a market value markup on the new ones.
Yeah I'm gonna do that. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

DDTCM said:
Better luck doing a private sale. Mine sits around too much also but I only pay $300 so that's a huge difference.
Dude if I paid 300 this post wouldn't have gone up lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you return it it will kill your credit, what you can do is try to get somebody to take over you payments, either way you are going to loose $$ sorry to hear it man

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Dealership I work with has a buy back program. Two days after I bought mine I got a letter telling me they would buy it back :(. Most Dealerships are not like that though. Maybe you can trade down for a cheaper payment. You will take a hit but your payments will be less. It's hard to do but it can be done. $700 a month is a huge car payment good luck to you. Hope you can figure out how to keep her man she's a beauty

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
I personally would have never been on board with a $700 payment. I walked into the dealership,told them what I wanted to pay and didn't budge. They gave me what I wanted in the end because I told them if they could meet my terms then they would sell a car today. In the end they made it happen. I also slapped down a $18k down payment,lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts