Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a bad idea? I called the guys at jba and they said that they usually just reuse them. Is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I wouldnt just due to the fact they are old and would probably break. Id upgrade to arp bolts but imo

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Depends on what condition they are in. I reused the one on my 07 with 45k and reused the ones on my 2011 with 5k.

·
Registered
598 Posts
See what your bolts look like. If they look to be in good condition, you can probably reuse them and be fine. But getting new ones always gives you that extra sense of security.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I blew the heads off 2 pressure plate bolts after stage 3 clutch swap, used old bolts and cost me the amount of the clutch itselfcan to put er back on the road. So yeah new bolts are a big 10 4

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Butch said:
I blew the heads off 2 pressure plate bolts after stage 3 clutch swap, used old bolts and cost me the amount of the clutch itselfcan to put er back on the road. So yeah new bolts are a big 10 4
Old bolts stretch and become weak, especially when heated and cooled and re torqued

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
deadsp0t said:
Old bolts stretch and become weak, especially when heated and cooled and re torqued
I totally learned my lesson ÷]

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts