Oops! Lol

·
Registered
903 Posts
Whats your mods?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Your not gaining anything going higher than the OEM setting 7000. 7200-7300 would be all I would go that way you shift without hittin it

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Even if I had a Boss manifold, 7,200-7300 would be a good spot?? I'm still debating whether the upgrade is worth it

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Even if I had a Boss manifold, 7,200-7300 would be a good spot?? I'm still debating whether the upgrade is worth it
That's where mine is set at, 7300. My car is done making power at 6800. It's all in the tune. The Boss IM is definitely worth it IMO. I didn't lose any torque and the pickup up top is great. Not to mention it looks awesome under the hood.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That's where mine is set at, 7300. My car is done making power at 6800. It's all in the tune. The Boss IM is definitely worth it IMO. I didn't lose any torque and the pickup up top is great. Not to mention it looks awesome under the hood.
Eventually I'm gonna pull the trigger on the mani, but I know u have a dyno tune... I'm hoping Bama has a decent tune for this setup, I'm running the hybrid tune which is pretty good so far

·
Registered
903 Posts
Thanks everyone i appreciate the help.
I was looking over this thread again and was thinking............ You do have a tune now right? I'm gonna assume you left that off but with that JLT you are tuned. Will have to be with it. Not that the gains from it are anything worth mentioning but just figured I would make sure that you do have a tune and if so... what type? You can raise,or have it raised, if you want a few hundred thru your tuner. Personally with what you have listed and if you plan on staying at those performance mods for a while, then I would just run 93-race tune 24/7 and keep the Rev Lim. at 7000. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Eventually I'm gonna pull the trigger on the mani, but I know u have a dyno tune... I'm hoping Bama has a decent tune for this setup, I'm running the hybrid tune which is pretty good so far
Bama, Lund, AED, and just about everyone else can write email tunes for the Boss Intake Manifold. A dyno tune isn't required for any mods, but will almost always yield better results (assuming the tuner is competent).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.