Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys im new here. I had a question i recently bought a used 06 gt off an acution and i think the previous owner did some type of tuning because if i rev it in park it will go past 7k rpm and the interior light the ac the radio all turn off once i let go and move from the redline it comes back on wanted to ask if anyone knows wats that about. Also im having shifting issues i got a p0745 code changed the solenoid pack but still the same.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
You should probably take the car to a Ford dealership, or a reputable, well equipped shop, and have them do a complete diagnostic check.
A Ford dealership will be able to flash the PCM back to stock if there is indeed a aftermarket tune installed.
Not only could someone have changed the rev limiter setting, the line pressure in the transmission might have been increased over the stock settings, which can cause all sorts of problems, including a P0745 code.
Not sure what you have going on with the lights and accessories, but I would start with finding out if you have a tune, and to have a diagnostic check done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the advise i forgot to mention the transmission has been slipping since i bought it thats why i changed the solenoid pack but it acts the same hopefully the bands or servo bores arent messed up and reflashing it helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts