Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I am about to install Reverse Glow Gauges in my car and I had a small concern, really a brain fart. The Reverse Glow Gauges have a dimmer switch on them and I am not sure how to mount it. Will I need to drill into the dash to find somewhere for it to go? Anyone out there with Reverse Glow Gauges that can give some guidance? Thanks....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry I'm not really a help but I just bought probably the same set of gauge covers and ill probably install them tomorrow so if I figure something out I'll let u know

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
my switch is behind the cluster..honestly keeping it on high is the best overall look. it's not as bright as you'd think

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so you guys just stashed it behind the cluster. Did you guys solder the wires or crimp them and for the ground did you drill into the chassis or splice into the ground wire on the headlight switch harness? Thanks....

·
Registered
673 Posts
devanslive said:
Okay, so you guys just stashed it behind the cluster. Did you guys solder the wires or crimp them and for the ground did you drill into the chassis or splice into the ground wire on the headlight switch harness? Thanks....
For that I added a longer wire and ran it down to a screw on the fuse box under the dash. And for the dimmer switch I have it hanging out between the air vent and the steering wheel. I have 2 wires coming from out of my dash, but it really doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
9tee7pony said:
For that I added a longer wire and ran it down to a screw on the fuse box under the dash. And for the dimmer switch I have it hanging out between the air vent and the steering wheel. I have 2 wires coming from out of my dash, but it really doesn't bother me.
Okay, so you added another wire to the black ground. I cannot tell what kid of gauge the black wire is in order to get a matching wire to add length. If I am not mistaken isn't the fuse box plastic? Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
devanslive said:
Okay, so you added another wire to the black ground. I cannot tell what kid of gauge the black wire is in order to get a matching wire to add length. If I am not mistaken isn't the fuse box plastic? Thanks
I just took an old electronic and cut the cord. The fuse box is plastic, but the screws are metal and it worked.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just took an old electronic and cut the cord. The fuse box is plastic, but the screws are metal and it worked.
So you did not have an issue with the wire you added having all the different gauges or smaller wires? The black ground wire on the gauge looks like it is just one copper piece in the middle.

·
Registered
673 Posts
devanslive said:
So you did not have an issue with the wire you added having all the different gauges or smaller wires? The black ground wire on the gauge looks like it is just one copper piece in the middle.
Nope all you need for current to flow is metal to metal contact. Just make sure the connection point holds.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
behind the cluster on the right side there is a bolt going into the big bar behind the dash...i unscrewed it and grounded my wire there...it works like a charm

·
Registered
322 Posts
behind the cluster on the right side there is a bolt going into the big bar behind the dash...i unscrewed it and grounded my wire there...it works like a charm
What about the red wire?? Does that go into the thick brown wire or thin grey one?? I'm installing now and ran into this hindrance. Where the grey wire is supposed to be, mine is Brown... Still I'm the same place and same size wire... Doesn't light up though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts