Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. I was backing up today. And there was a mirror/glass window behind my car and I noticed that my backup lights weren't on. Anyhow. I immediately was thinking maybe it was the switch or the bulbs, but I checked the fuse anyway (fuse #11 on my 02) and sure enough it was open. I replaced it and tried to back up and actually saw the fuse pop (it's dark outside). It was pretty cool. But. My reverse lights still don't work. Anyone ever have a short in their reverse lights? Or know where the most likely cause of this is? I haven't messed with my tranny/lights... ever.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really. I replaced the fuse and it still blew. I don't know where to begin trying to track down the short.

·
Registered
414 Posts
There's probably a problem with the reverse switch. I took mine to the dealership once for a junk syncro, and when they put it back together they put the switch in wrong or backwards or something. Burned out the fuse AND the switch. Had to get the whole works replaced. If you have a manual, try just sliding the gear shift around in reverse, or pulling it out of and back into reverse to see if you can get them to come on at all.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Or you could just buy bigger fuses lol. I have nothing smaller than 50 amps fuses all the way around on my car.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
lowflyn said:
Or you could just buy bigger fuses lol. I have nothing smaller than 50 amps fuses all the way around on my car.
hope you dont plan on keeping your electrical system too long... lol

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
lol i heard each 50 amp fuse gives about 5hp and 7ft/lbs of torque.

some guy with a civic told me that........ :D

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yes i know it's stupid. That's why I only had them on for a short time. Leave me alone lol. I was experimenting around. But Laser02, if your car is still under warranty you should be able to carry it to the dealership to see if they can fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts