Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 GT with a standard transmission. Sometimes when go to put it in reverse, I cannot get it into gear. I have to keep playing with it and eventually it will slide into gear. When it doesn't want to go into reverse, sometimes it will work on my second try, other times it takes 7 or 8 tries. Sometimes it slides into reverse easily and other times it feels like it is catching on something as it slides into reverse. I have tried shifting into other gears and then going into reverse and that does not help either and I am positive I have the clutch pushed in all the way. I do not have trouble with any other gears. I also can't find a specific situation that the reverse acts up. It seems to be random. My 01 was built in 09/00 so I have the t45. Does any know what this could be or have the same problem? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
292 Posts
I hav the same problem in my 03 v6, usually its just when i start it up and the engines not warm. But like u said, its not consistent. Haha sorry that doesnt help, seeing as the transmissions arent even the same, but i'm curious as to others answers.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I don't know a solution but it's a very common problem with the T45s. I usually let the clutch out and them back in and then it'll go into gear.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one and it's comforting to know its a common problem lol. I'll try letting the clutch out next time, I may have tried that before but I don't remember anymore. Has anyone found a solution/fix for this? Or atleast something so it does not happen as often?

·
Registered
47 Posts
JetLife 01GT said:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one and it's comforting to know its a common problem lol. I'll try letting the clutch out next time, I may have tried that before but I don't remember anymore. Has anyone found a solution/fix for this? Or atleast something so it does not happen as often?
Don't feel bad it happens to me all the time! Lol it suckss, I have an 01 gt with the tr3650 but I have the same problem exactly how your describing it. What's helped me in reducing the amount of times it gets stuck is putting it in reverse before i turn the car on whenever I'm backing out of somewhere, cause that never gives me a problem. Or personally I feel like when I beat the crap out of it at the track a couple weekends ago, it likes to go into all the gears a little smoother. Goodluck anyways

·
Registered
400 Posts
My friend and i both have that problem no worries lol i slide mine into first and creep it foward then it goes into reverse very easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts