Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The specs for the stock pirelli summer tires shows 27.2" diameter with revs/mile 763. That calculates to 26.43" diameter and closely matches my 111.29 trap speed on the rev limeter in 4th. So, it doesn't look like you can calculate trap speed/rpms from just the diameter of a tire.

I was trying to find the revs/mile on 28" slicks to see if 28's are big enough or should I go 29's.

I don't plan any mods except axlebacks, and just an occasional run at the track.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found the mickey thompson charts and it looks like you can figure about 97% actual rev/mile vs diameter. A 29.5" slick would make 3.73 gear act like a 3.46 gear

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I don't think you can calculate trap speed with the size of your tires... You can calculate the distance using the tire diameter, gear ratio ect. But if you think about it, if you accelerate 1/2 throttle you will still go the same distance, but your time will be a lot higher... There really isn't a way to calculate ET just because of how many factors play into it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not about ET, just to keep from hitting the rev limiter. Bigger tires=more mph before hit the rev limit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts