Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how hard it is to completely rewire an aftermarket head unit, speakers, amp, and sub into and instead of the mach 460 system?

·
Registered
47 Posts
19ClearCobra96 said:
Does anyone know how hard it is to completely rewire an aftermarket head unit, speakers, amp, and sub into and instead of the mach 460 system?
Easy, lots of us have done it.

I took everything out and wired in a top of the line Kenwood Excelon Headunit, Graphic Spec Analyzer, monster wire cables, power caps, amplifiers, speakers, and subwoofer.

Couldn't hear a damn thing with the convertible top down using the stock sound system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I didn't use one single bit of the factory wiring. This includes the power wires coming straight from the battery.

The only factory wire I used was the power wire that goes hot when you turn on the car so that the stereo knows to turn on.

I soldered everything, including soldering the monster wire cables directly to the speakers.

I didn't solder to the amps though, but I did use solder on the ring connectors.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's really not that hard if you have any wiring experience..you'll catch on real fast. I have all new wires run to everything in my car, just nothing really hooked up because I'm buying all new stuff for my stereo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts