Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking for recommendations. So I have this great new RTR rims that I have to get refinished because some idiot in a truck almost hit me and I scraped two wheels avoiding him. That is that. Already made a thread about it.

So I've decided to do a darker color finish. Can do gloss, satin or matte. I really like the satin finish but I have to think logically here. Just moved into a new house temp. and the house is at the end of a mile long private drive that is gravel. Right now it is more mud than gravel. My rims look like ASS after driving on it. Looks really bad. I got a rim cleaner and waxer and tried that. No dice.

So will one finish over another hold less dirt? Is there a cleaner/protector that will repel the dirt that works? I have the platinum series turtle wax cleaner and wax right now.

I am also betting gloss is a bad idea because it will scratch easier.

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks!! Riding thru a dirt road everyday u would've probably been better off with silver wheels... Any set of dark wheels show any speckle of dust like u can't imagine...
Yeah I didn't know I'd be here for a small bit. I wasnt told it was a gravel road. It is only a short while till I can find a house I like and buy it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's how your rims look AFTER cleaning them?
No that was after driving on the road once today. Almost not worth cleaning them. They get dirty instantly.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I'm OCD that would make me sick :-o!! I wouldn't be able to keep a nice car like that, I'd probably get rid of it and get me a good off road beater... But that's me :p
Well...since I plan to move shortly ain't gonna happen. I understand what you are saying though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts