Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like the tires and rims on my 01 cobra, I just bought it and it has 205 50 r17 on it. It also is missing all four wheel caps. I cannot find replacement ones anywhere and not sure if I should just buy new rims or where to find these caps. Also will 18 in rims fit on my car? Thanks for the input!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah, 18's will fit. 205's, really? That's sad. You could get a set of 18's and a much wider tire. Have you looked at the wheels American Muscle has to offer? What do you like?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
wow 205's on a cobra !? thats nuts. if money is short also try checking your local craigslist adds for some new wheels. and as stated, do u have any pics? what type of wheels do u have right now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the quick response! I will post a photo today and i was wondering if cobra rims from newer models like shelby will fit. I use to have an 08 shelby and loved the wheels. Been looking on.clist but I cant find much without knowing what will fit. Any ideas where I could get the wheel caps?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering if the wheels from the 2013 will fit or what you think they will look good? Or should I try to find some actual Cobra rims instead? If I keep my 17 in rims how big of tire can I go and still look and drive good? Thanks

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
it depends what wheels u have right now? if theyre stock gt wheels they usually can run a 245- 275 wide tires. try to post up a pic. also how much money do u have to spend on new wheels on tires?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Drive will be fine. Don't go over 18 they look bad. As wide 10.5 but most 18s are 10inch wide. 17s offer 10.5?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually found some replacement caps so I will be keeping the 01 rims. They are 17 in chome stock cobra wheels. Someone stole the center caps and now i know why lol. Its almost 300 to replace the four of them!! I also dont have a grill in this car it just has the cobra in the front. where and how do I find a grill to put on it? I want to keep the cobra snake and wondering why there isnt a grill in the first place. Is it normal? Pics to follow soon

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
the 01 cobra came with that bumper and delete grille. keep those wheels just put fatter tires on them. and yeah those svt caps are pricy as hell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah tell.me about it lol. well heres my last question. i am going to keep 17s and.put new tires on. im.gna.do 255 for sure but should i stagger the width from.front.to rear? like 255 40 on front and 255 45 on rear?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Just go all 255 so you can rotate them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts