Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest rim you can put on a 5.0
With a stock suspension? No I'm not going crazy and throwing huge rims on was just thinking at most 22s for summer and using my stock brembo rims for winter as the paint quality sucks on them and already has paint chips etc on them. I was thinking either 22s on the front and 24s on the back like nellys dub edition mustang or even all around 22s. The stock set up is 19x 9.5 I believe? So if I wanted 22s they would have to be 22x9.5? If not would I need a spacer? Keeping in mind they need to be wide enough for the brembo brakes. I wanted deep dish black rims but don't know exactly if that would fit.

Sorry for the long paragraph of questions first time getting after market rims. Thanks!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Don't go bigger than 20s on an S197 Mustang, anything bigger looks way to big and makes the ride extremely hard and makes handling and acceleration so much worse because of the extra weight. I personally think 19s look the absolute best on S197s.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19s look good but I was thinkin around 20s cauaei was looking at some dub drone rims or even tis rims.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
20s would look good, you should also go staggered, it will give a nice aggressive stance in the back and help with traction. Just not 22s or 24s..... At the end of the day it is your car and you can do what you want, i'm just giving another perspective.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20s would look good, you should also go staggered, it will give a nice aggressive stance in the back and help with traction. Just not 22s or 24s..... At the end of the day it is your car and you can do what you want, i'm just giving another perspective.
Well at first I was looking at the black rtr rims they look good and it would make sense as I have 4 all seasons for that rim size. Maybe I'll just stick to those. I'm blacking out my car so that's why im sticking to black rims be nice to get black chrome ones. Next is the Saleen full body kit with power flow hood and roush sc.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Yea I'm with him. Anything over 20 would be too much imo . And if you do 22/24 your tpms would throw a cel if you don't get the right size tires. So you would have to have a taller tire on the 22s to make it the same height of the 24s. I would stick with staggered 19s or 20s

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

And I think your stockers are 8.5 not 9.5

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
22's in front and 24's in the rear??? I bet you have to be really strapped in to keep from falling forward in that thing.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
22's in front and 24's in the rear??? I bet you have to be really strapped in to keep from falling forward in that thing.
That's the setup nellys dub edition mustang has it looks sick especially with it being a wide body

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Can you do 20x10.5 all the way around?
If you go any wider than 9" wide up front, you'll have clearance issues when you turn the wheel. Should be fine in the rear though

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm ordering a set of vossen cv3's in graphite 20x9's up front and 20x10.5 in the rear, I'd love to put 20x11's in back.

·
Registered
200 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts