Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to the site, wanted to introduce myself and my Grabber Blue GT. We're happily in the honeymoon phase :cool:

Looking to get some recommendations on some wheels. Looking at 19 inch rims in either gunmetal or black. I'd prefer it be either of these two, as I'm going for the black and blue look (black stripe, limo tint, black rims)

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Klaximilian said:
I like the idea of black rims, I just think I need some contrast with a chrome or silver lip.
Steeda spyders are nice. Chrome hoop, primary.

I have motegi mr122's. I like em. Relative cheap and clean looking for 20's.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, I'm going to go with the 19 inch 2013 GT500 rims now available on AM. My dilemma is, do I go with the springs and adjustable pan-hard bar now.....or should I wait to drop it. I don't want to piss off the warden (wife), but I have no idea how bad it could look if I throw 19s on it and don't drop it at least an inch.

Does anyone know how 19s look with the stock springs? Any pictures for reference that could help me decide?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh, I'm not asking for advise on the rims anymore. More curious about whether or not it definitely needs to be lowered after I put it on 19s. I may have to delay the springs for a few months, but if it's going to look awful I'll just opt to get them now.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lowering definitely helps, but no need to get in trouble with the wife, it can wait... Unless you can convince her to let you do it now lol
Yea, I can make it happen if need be. I'm more curious to know what 19's on stock springs looks like. If I throw them on stock, will it raise the ride or widen the gap?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yea, I can make it happen if need be. I'm more curious to know what 19's on stock springs looks like. If I throw them on stock, will it raise the ride or widen the gap?
If you have the stock 18 wheels your tire size is probably 235/50/18.

Many of the 19" rims you'll end up running a xxx/40/19 or xxx/35/19 which means chances are it will be smaller in overall diameter than the 18". Not by much, but still a tad.

Rims are bigger in size but tire sidewall height will be smaller.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you have the stock 18 wheels your tire size is probably 235/50/18.

Many of the 19" rims you'll end up running a xxx/40/19 or xxx/35/19 which means chances are it will be smaller in overall diameter than the 18". Not by much, but still a tad.

Rims are bigger in size but tire sidewall height will be smaller.
Essentially, that's widening the gap it sounds like.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts