Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone/everyone else have lots of road or tire noise when cruising in their new 5.0? It seems as though I remember it with the stock pirellis on my 2011. I have been running general g-max 275's on the rear for months now and it just seems like a lot of tire noise?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't hear much with mine, I have the pirellis...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I put a set of Yokohama YK580's on a week ago the oem Pirellis were toast. And the road/tire noise tripled. Can't hardly hear the Borla rumble. Well, that won't work. Back to discount Tire for my options of a quieter 'touring' tire?..

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
What is the tire size? And you don't need a touring tire, just not a junk Yokohama
Lol...glad someone else said it...

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I don't hear much with mine, I have the pirellis...
Same here. I rarely hear the tires.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I put a set of Yokohama YK580's on a week ago the oem Pirellis were toast. And the road/tire noise tripled. Can't hardly hear the Borla rumble. Well, that won't work. Back to discount Tire for my options of a quieter 'touring' tire?..
I drove my OEM Pirellis till they were slicks. Had about 34000 miles on them. I'm not a baller so I had to buy the cheapest tires i could find to replace them on my 19" brembo wheels. I ended getting the Nexen N7000 for 850 installed and I have no problems with them.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I drove my OEM Pirellis till they were slicks. Had about 34000 miles on them. I'm not a baller so I had to buy the cheapest tires i could find to replace them on my 19" brembo wheels. I ended getting the Nexen N7000 for 850 installed and I have no problems with them.
I'm not saying buy the best, but if you can't afford something more than the cheapest you can't expect much more out of them, whether its a quiet ride or good traction. trust me I'm not rich either

·
Registered
209 Posts
I dont need a track tire so I dont want a 220 wear rating. My Brembo GT is used as a fair weather fun car, more of a fast touring car. I want a good quiet tire that wears well and is good for the wet and cold. The oem's were fairly quiet and great in the dry and warm but wore too fast for the my money. I am not looking for a 1g skid pad tire.... I am not sure cost equals a quiet tire. I have run michelin pilots that were not quiet...

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
ddtmoto said:
I dont need a track tire so I dont want a 220 wear rating. My Brembo GT is used as a fair weather fun car, more of a fast touring car. I want a good quiet tire that wears well and is good for the wet and cold. The oem's were fairly quiet and great in the dry and warm but wore too fast for the my money. I am not looking for a 1g skid pad tire.... I am not sure cost equals a quiet tire. I have run michelin pilots that were not quiet...
My michlens are the best tire I've found for a mustang so far.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've used the Bridgestone pole position 970 something. They are all seasons but were 400 each. You won't find a good quality tire for cheap with 19 inch rims. Going to spend at least 300 or more on a tire. Especially one that isn't going to have alot of road noise. Ya those Pirellis suck too. Mine didn't last long.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has anyone run a 19" tire other than a 'Summer Tire'? UHP all season? Performance Touring? If so, impressions?.....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Michelin super sport in 19 on my laguna seca wheels and yesterday i did a 4 second flat to 60 all stock, the grip is unreal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Michelin super sport in 19 on my laguna seca wheels and yesterday i did a 4 second flat to 60 all stock, the grip is unreal.
I want those Michelins, too, but I don't believe they have a 285/35ZR19 that I would like to run on a 19x10" rear rim... 255/40ZR19 they do have for a 19x9" front rim or all around. May I ask what you are sporting with the Laguna Seca wheels?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You could also get Mickey Thompson 305 35 19, those will be my next tires for sure , right now i have 275 40 19.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I have 19x9 front 19x10 rear

1 - 20 of 25 Posts