Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an article in the November issue of Road & Track about the 2009-2012 Mustangs. It says that in 2012 the Mustang will get a total makeout. Hopeful this will include a chassis with SLA front suspension and an optional IRS.

Attachments

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Mustang sold only as a coupe? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

And, is it me, or is that concept butt ugly?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Mustang sold only as a coupe? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

And, is it me, or is that concept butt ugly?
It didnt say it would only be sold as a coupe... it was saying that the mustang, sold only as a coupe NOW will possibly offer a hatchback option as a hardtop. The vert wont go away, dont worry.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
It didnt say it would only be sold as a coupe... it was saying that the mustang, sold only as a coupe NOW will possibly offer a hatchback option as a hardtop. The vert wont go away, dont worry.
The mustang is not sold only as a coupe now....it is both. In fact, they have a current vert in the pic...so it only makes me think they are talking coupe only for the new one unless they are complete retards and didn't realize the current stangs are verts too...like the one the included. lol

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
The mustang is not sold only as a coupe now....it is both. In fact, they have a current vert in the pic...so it only makes me think they are talking coupe only for the new one unless they are complete retards and didn't realize the current stangs are verts too...like the one the included. lol
Theyre talking about hard-top models... a coupe is the only hard top model available. Its like they used to offer the coupe (notch) and hatchback. There will be a vert... theyd never stop the vert.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry that the color of the pictures is off. I have a online subscribtion to the magazine and had to print out the pics, then scan them to my computer, and my printer is running low on ink.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Yeah, the '09 looks pretty good. Definitely an improvement over the current style. It's the 2012 concept that worries me.

PS... If you notice the '09 looks strangely similar to the original 05 concept... They should have kept that front end look from the beginning.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This new rear-drive architecture, which may be derived from the next Australian Falcon, could also spawn a sedan similar to the 427 concept for the U.S. market.
:hmm: Hmmmm, sounds heavy. I have a better idea, how bout Ford make a new chassis specifically for the Mustang, then this time they could make a Falcon based off a Mustang platform. Has Ford ever made a Mustang who's platform wasn't base off some other car.
All I know is that if this car get a total redesign Ford better think about making the car weigh less. There are plenty of people complaining about this enough that it should make Ford want to do some about it, and they sell enough Mustangs to justify the cost of making it happen. How about 3300lbs, or less. If the Mustang gets any bigger I will never by one, I don't care how good it is. You can make a Fox with a whole lot less hp, run a faster than a GT500.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
:hmm: Hmmmm, sounds heavy. I have a better idea, how bout Ford make a new chassis specifically for the Mustang, then this time they could make a Falcon based off a Mustang platform. Has Ford ever made a Mustang who's platform wasn't base off some other car.
All I know is that if this car get a total redesign Ford better think about making the car weigh less. There are plenty of people complaining about this enough that it should make Ford want to do some about it, and they sell enough Mustangs to justify the cost of making it happen. How about 3300lbs, or less. If the Mustang gets any bigger I will never by one, I don't care how good it is. You can make a Fox with a whole lot less hp, run a faster than a GT500.
The current Mustang isn't built off any other car's platform. It was originally gonna be based off the DEW98 platform (Lincoln LS), but it's not. The Mustang is the first vehicle to get the S197 chassis.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The current Mustang isn't built off any other car's platform. It was originally gonna be based off the DEW98 platform (Lincoln LS), but it's not. The Mustang is the first vehicle to get the S197 chassis.
Your right.

What I'm wanting to say is Ford is trying to make the knew Mustangs some kind of cheap, practical, sporty/luxury car like a G35, or something, and it weighs to much, and then they cheap out on stuff like the suspension. MacPherson Struts, and a 3-link in a car totally redesign in 2005. This is old technology. While they do work very good for what they are, why not put a 5-link in the back, and not using to use Double Wishbones because they don't fit is a bad excuse when your designing a whole new platform. There's all these Japanese sports cars that have these nicer things except they have IRS, and know there's going to be a new Camaro, and Challenger and I imagen there going to be a lot more modern than this, and thats just the suspension. LS motors laugh at N/A Modular motors, even the ones with 4 valves per cylinder.

I know Ford sells a lot of Mustang so they would probably say why should we change what it is. But to me the knew Mustang seems more suited for Baby-Boomers, and people in people in a Mid-life crisis, or someone who just wants to ride around in some sporty looking car that rides comfortably.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ugh..............glad i bought my car in 04.............you dont need a roush/saleen kit on any 94-04 mustang to make them look good, i just wish the same was true for 05+ :disgust:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts