Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am trying to figure out which rod bearings I need. Motor is already apart I have the number "CB634p STD" and the number on the main bearing can't really make out

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe there standard size I took both part numbers off the rings them self these are the rod bearings

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keaton5.0 said:
It should say if they were oversize. When i took my motor apart the bearings had .020 stamped on them
We're on the bearing

·
Registered
493 Posts
I believe the STD is for standard also. If you're crank has been turned in the past, it SHOULD have some kind of marking on how much under it was turned from the shop that did it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
91notchback said:
I believe the STD is for standard also. If you're crank has been turned in the past, it SHOULD have some kind of marking on how much under it was turned from the shop that did it.
I thought so too thanks guys and rings are 1.5mm 1.5mm 4.0mm I just got the car a month Go I took piston number 4 out today and the top ring was in two
Pieces

·
Registered
493 Posts
You prolly already know this, but I'd recommend getting the crank turned if you're gonna have it out. 10 under should be fine if there are no deep gouges. It's like $100 or so at my local shop, and sure beats goin through bearings. Good luck man!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts