Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good company that I can order a roll cage from and install my self. I have been looking and I am having trouble finding a good one and I am also looking for a good turbo kit

·
Registered
861 Posts
Anyone know of a good company that I can order a roll cage from and install my self. I have been looking and I am having trouble finding a good one and I am also looking for a good turbo kit
What qualifies as 'good' for you? Lots of companies sell roll cages for foxes... are you drag racing? Track car?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a big budget so I am looking for a good quality one that is not that expensive

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I don't have a big budget so I am looking for a good quality one that is not that expensive
I am doing street and strip racing

·
Registered
692 Posts
Good turbo would be a upgraded turbo kit from on3 performance. Just make sure you get the precision turbo and not the master power. Jay on this site can speak from experience and he turboed his 5.0

·
Banned
776 Posts
I actually really like the piping and fit of the On3 kit. Just don't get the stock turbo, definitely upgrade it. Master Power, Precision anything other than the one included in the kit. Also buy your own injectors. I had an On3 injector bad out of the packaging. Not that it means anything but now If I could do it over I would stick with Ford Racing injectors or something name brand.

·
Banned
776 Posts
1500 is the base kit. The upgraded turbo is around $300 more. You will also need new injectors and the new maf. Notated how you look at it it's close to $2500-3k for everything you need. Also, it depends what mods you currently have? What fuel pump do you have now?

·
Banned
776 Posts
I used 42lb injectors with that kit. I'm upgrading to 60's right now for all my upgrades. The meth kit definitely won't hurt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah at first that is all I was gonna ask about but then one of my buddy's asked me if I and found any thing out on a turbo kit yet and I told him not yet but thanks for all the info I know how to build big power n/a engines but I decided to go with a turbo on this project and I do not know anything about them

·
Banned
776 Posts
Ah okay, turbos are fun. Every once in awhile I think about going another direction but I just love the sound of my turbo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts