Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Split port guys:

We ditched the adaption plate because we initially couldn't get the clearance. We then tried seeing how it would be to mill down the lower intake and redo the adaption plate. However, for the price of 1) buying the lower intakes and taking customers' as cores, 2) milling it down and matching it right, and 3) take the time to custom do each one, we decided to just make a custom lower that will accept a roots blower.

As you may be thinking, yes this will require more R&D, but it is coming along nicely and will go into final testing within 2 months unless we have more delays, which I can't see what would go wrong at this point except production delays but that's very unlikely.

Single/Split port guys read on:

"Guys, I have heard people with prochargers running 5psi on split port before they got fuel upgrades. How many psi can you run on a single port sense it has 14lb's on it? It will take time for us to get all of the money for the fuel parts, if we could test a 5psi starter kit that would go 5-600, start selling it. When we can test 7psi version, I will send out 7psi pulley when people buy fuel upgrades. I can have that done farely soon and the split port kit will be up for sale at the same time the single port will be.

So if that is possible:

Here what the new pricing will be:

Starter kit (Split and single port):

Lower intake
Blower intake plenum
5psi pulley
New drive belt
Eaton m90 SC

Price: $500+150 corecharge for blower.

Then you can get for $500 more fuel upgrades along with 7psi pulley.
Fuel upgrades include:
30lb/hr injectors
255/300lph pump
80mm MAF
F3 Fordchip

Sounds good?"

Other options will be 42/50# inj. depending on your setup, but 30#ers will be fine for almost all setups.

And, of course, PICS! They are CNC files, most are correct but obviously this isn't all of them, but all of them that SpeedKillz managed to put online.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sounds very good :headbang:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ok, on the lower intake that you showed there.. each side has 4 ports. thats not right. i know each side has an extra hole for coolant to flow, however, if youre gonna have an open lower intake manifold like that design, youre gonna have to eliminate the coolant passage

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha nice design there man.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that is one of the things wrong with the initial cnc, talk about somethign to change! most everything /should/ be taken care of now but only testing will tell. you probably didn't read it but i was trying to say that the pictures aren't the final thing... heh.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
you probably didn't read it but i was trying to say that the pictures aren't the final thing... heh.

hahah. good call. i just advance to pictures if theyre there.

EDIT: prolly should read it all since im the mod, but i trust y'all 8) :D

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha ha, well yeh, i think we all do

·
Registered
78 Posts
looks good! For the coolant ports... have AN fittings welded in the holes you'll
mill for that and just run AN line between the appropriate fittings. That's what I
would do.
edit: oh yeah, and thermo housing needs to be taken care of :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
What about the compression ratio of the stock engines for running these SC blowers, arent' they a little too high? SC engines have dished low compression pistions in them, and forged cranks too right???

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
mikael said:
looks good! For the coolant ports... have AN fittings welded in the holes you'll
mill for that and just run AN line between the appropriate fittings. That's what I
would do.
edit: oh yeah, and thermo housing needs to be taken care of :)

Great idea Mik! That would reduce the lower intake heating
and produce a bit more HP/Tq. than a lower with coolant
flowing in there thru a passage. But it would need a deal
behind the thermo housing. SK had it as a wall between the
plenum and the coolant passage, easy to do but adds heat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a couple stupid questions,

what does the $150 core charge for the blower mean? how would we have a core?
what is total out of pocket without fuel upgrade? $650??
can i get the kit without the blower? (i work for eaton)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a couple stupid questions,

what does the $150 core charge for the blower mean? how would we have a core?
what is total out of pocket without fuel upgrade? $650??
can i get the kit without the blower? (i work for eaton)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
the 150 is if U need the blower from SK.
U do not pay that if U supply the blower.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts