Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this car worth that much???

From the article:
For those who don’t know much about classic muscle cars, what you’re looking at may look like a rotted and rusted old school Ford Mustang. Trust us, it’s much, much more than that. Notice anything different? Perhaps some gold Le Mans stripes and trim paint? Beneath the decay is a 1966 Mustang Shelby GT350 H. “H” as in for Hertz. Leave it to Carroll Shelby to come up with a plan this awesome. He struck a deal with Hertz Rental Car back in ’66 to build a limited number (about a 1,000 units) GT350s specifically for rental.

Photos and article - Rotting 1966 Mustang Shelby GT350 H selling for $70,000

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
They are generally listed at 100k-190k in good shape or restored. I guess depending how involved the restoration on that thing would be, 70k seems about right. Still a large profit margin. I don't restore classics so this is just educated speculation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
While that car is not the "deal of the century", judging only from the photos, I think that it is priced correctly. Maybe a bit on the high side, for some negotiating room.
If that was one of the early white GT350H cars, with a 4 speed, $70k would be a bargain.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
That would have to be a for-sure numbers matching, VIN-checked-to-make-sure-it-is-a-Shelby...before I would pay anything more than $35,000 for that wreck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, that's in rough shape. Sad to see :( Don't know if it's worth $70k, even if only 1033 were made. It's cost some serious time and $$ to restore. Maybe $40k I'd pay, put $40k-50k into it to bring back to life

Good:
Glass looks all intact
Seems to have minimal rot (though can't see the floorboard)
Seats look good
Dash and steering wheel in nice shape

Bad:
I notice it only has 3 original rims (or what I suspect original)
What is that piece in picture #6, looks like a lower arm or something?
Engine shows bad exposure to elements
Maybe pieces missing from passenger side of engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts