Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after installation of my BBK LT Headers, Catted X-Pipe, my car would drop the rpm low about 450RPM then jump to 650 then 450 and back and forth for a couple times before the car like fixes itself. It gets so low the car shakes and feels like it's gna die on me. I got a tuner and tuned it properly and yet the rough idle problem is still there. It's not as bad and gets fixed sooner but still there. I went into the tuner and changed the idle rpm to 750 to try and fix it. It's better but yet again still the problem persists. I'm going to call Bamma tomorrow and hopefully they can fix my problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
Instead of tuning it, pull the PCM fuse and wait a few minutes, pop it back in and turn the car one with the A/C and headlights on and let it idle for a few minutes. It'll let the computer relearn the idle a bit. I don't know how finicky these cars are, but my 2dr Stratus (Eclipse) I had was very particular about it. If you didn't let it idle after taking a battery out or something, it'd want to die any time you can to a stop and pushed the clutch in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Sanguin said:
Instead of tuning it, pull the PCM fuse and wait a few minutes, pop it back in and turn the car one with the A/C and headlights on and let it idle for a few minutes. It'll let the computer relearn the idle a bit. I don't know how finicky these cars are, but my 2dr Stratus (Eclipse) I had was very particular about it. If you didn't let it idle after taking a battery out or something, it'd want to die any time you can to a stop and pushed the clutch in.
+1
It is recommended that you let your car idle for 5 min with accessories off then 5 more min with the AC on full to allow the ecu to relearn idle. Give this a try, it should fix the problem. If not then I would talk to Bama as you had said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
So after installation of my BBK LT Headers, Catted X-Pipe, my car would drop the rpm low about 450RPM then jump to 650 then 450 and back and forth for a couple times before the car like fixes itself. It gets so low the car shakes and feels like it's gna die on me. I got a tuner and tuned it properly and yet the rough idle problem is still there. It's not as bad and gets fixed sooner but still there. I went into the tuner and changed the idle rpm to 750 to try and fix it. It's better but yet again still the problem persists. I'm going to call Bamma tomorrow and hopefully they can fix my problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the headers.
I thought you already had that installed :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you already had that installed :p
Dude I've had them for about two months but I'd figure it would have fixed itself with the tune I just got recently bro

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

+1
It is recommended that you let your car idle for 5 min with accessories off then 5 more min with the AC on full to allow the ecu to relearn idle. Give this a try, it should fix the problem. If not then I would talk to Bama as you had said.
I've done the idle relearn procedure, doesn't help...

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Instead of tuning it, pull the PCM fuse and wait a few minutes, pop it back in and turn the car one with the A/C and headlights on and let it idle for a few minutes. It'll let the computer relearn the idle a bit. I don't know how finicky these cars are, but my 2dr Stratus (Eclipse) I had was very particular about it. If you didn't let it idle after taking a battery out or something, it'd want to die any time you can to a stop and pushed the clutch in.
I've never heard of taking out the fuse, I've done the idle relearn trick not the fuse. Which is the fuse lol?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I called bamma and they seemed puzzled as to what happened -___- they just said to check my intake and sensor for a leak when I told the guy multiple times I already checked it. Gna go do a curtesy check for them and gna call back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
So I called bamma and they seemed puzzled as to what happened -___- they just said to check my intake and sensor for a leak when I told the guy multiple times I already checked it. Gna go do a curtesy check for them and gna call back.
I'd be pissed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe they think you are a GA fan. Haha all jokes
Lmao!!! Hahahaha they told me to do a can reset lol I was like wait what? Hahaha apparently I turn my high beams on, unplug my battery for a few minutes and then turn them off plug the bat back in and do the idle relearn procedure
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top