Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sounds like a good way to start how do u plan to clean tps?

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

 I mean how would u clean the idle air control sensor?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Do your duty and Seafoam the upper intake manifold. suck it in through the pcv valve with a drinking straw placed inside the Seafoam can and hold it up to the pcv valve while running. DONE- Runs great!
Put second can of seafoam in gas tank.
One can runs $7.77 here at parts store or WalMart.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did all that idle is better but think I have a gas leak went about 60 miles today had a full tank now almost on a half

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need to know exactly what it should idle at at a stand stop and on average the mph its suppose to get mods yet besides k&n air filter in stock air box ..... I'm thinking the maf has the oil from the filter on it and is makeing it use more gas

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
98mustang11 said:
I need to know exactly what it should idle at at a stand stop and on average the mph its suppose to get mods yet besides k&n air filter in stock air box ..... I'm thinking the maf has the oil from the filter on it and is makeing it use more gas
Idle is like 900 to 1000 rpm does this help any???

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah, idle is 900 and poor gas mileage like that can indicate a vacuum leak. Possibly around the egr lines. Eventually an ecm code should appear. Normal gas mileage best scenario is 24++ MPG.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok idle is right then its about 900 and I figured it and it comes out to 19 mpg drive 80 miles a day that's about 4 gallons a day sound right ??

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Depends on how you drive and where you drive.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Do you have any engine codes?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts