Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I bought a 2003 V6 manual a few months back and it's been great so far ?..
It was running fine shifting fine yesterday and then I slid the shifter into 2ND as I was driving and it just felt kind of rough. Then I noticed all the gears felt like that ??

Anyway I drove the last 2 miles to work and then after immediately took it in to a shop and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.

My clutch feels good, not slipping and the pedal is fine and all, but instead of the stick moving smoothly it just felt rough.. not grinding but like a dry shift. At this point I'm not sure what to do with it or what the problem could be. Has 113,8xx miles on it btw. I've been researching it and couldn't really find any thing either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
swap the fluid and see how it feels after that. hmmm i have only owned an 04 GT that was a stickshift. my v6's are always auto...so that being said i'd research what fluid goes in them. i used syncromesh in my GT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I wasn't home and didn't want to drive it, I took it to the shop and had the fluid checked and he said there was ATF in it but it looked good. He thought it could just be some wear on the clutch but it still felt good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw your supposed to adjust the clutch every 6k miles (driven it 2k) which I'll try in the morning.. do you think that could cause my problem?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
no clue sorry. my GT was a stick shift but it went out on me after a bad track experience lol. So i'm not the best to ask ^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts