Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced some rusting on their axel backs? I was just cleaning the tips on my roush when I noticed some rust spots on them. They are barely a month old!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Whats your alls driving conditions though.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in the frozen tundra of montreal. I take my car one week out of three for work (car pool) and then sits in my garage. I wash it after the week I drive to work.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Even that may cause it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rust is the devil.

·
Registered
803 Posts
There is some stuff made for marine craft called boshield I think. I could be wrong, it's been a while... Anyways, comes in a spray paint can and dries clear and kinda sticky for a little while. It's basically a lubricated clear coat that prevents rust on boats and things like that. You should be able to find it at a boat store. I have used it on shackles that I hang large speakers from for concerts ect.... When We do maradi gra at universal studios that rig sits outside in all the weather for a month or more, I coat everything in this stuff and it does a great job preventing rust. My only worry is I don't know how it would react to the heat of the exhaust. I will admit i have not tried this as i have not had a rust issue but I think it could work.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've had my Roush axle backs for a good year now and I took them off at the end of November and looking to put everything back on for Spring, hopefully by the end of March. (I hate the Midwest.) :-( I did notice a small amount of rust on the welds, but no where else. I take pretty good care of them while they're on the car with using stainless steel cleaner and making sure if it rains or gets wet they're dried off in a timely fashion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts