Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at either the roush axelbacks or the trident axelbacks for my 13 V6. With the roush im just afraid they will be too loud. I dont really want something that will hurt ears or make the ground shake. The tridents sound kinda ricey. Any details from wgat youve experienced?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I purchased a set for my 2011 a few weeks after purchasing it. I bought them from a guy who had them on his convertible, and he said they were too loud for him when he had the top down. I should have used that as a trigger to not buy them.
But I did (buy them). I installed them on my Mustang on a Saturday morning. The wife and I went to lunch. They were loud. The neighbors looked up at us as we drove through, and I always wondered what they were thinking.
We returned home, and I promptly removed them, and reinstalled the stock mufflers. A few weeks later, I installed a set of GT500 axle backs, and they have been on the Mustang ever since.
In case it matters, I'm in my 50's, and like my neighbors. If you look into their mufflers, they look to be a set of straight pipes with a nice shiny can wrapped around the tube to give you an illusion of some sort of muffler. There is no muffler at all.
If your after obnoxious loud, get the Roush.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No idea idea what they sound like on a V6, but bucko is right... those things are loud. They sounded great on the 2013 5.0 I test drove. I like loud.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I know a guy here in Naples who added them to a V6 with no other mods and I thought sounded really good. Not too loud and very V8 rumbly. Granted I love loud, lol. But seriously thought was perfect level without going over the top like me

·
Registered
795 Posts
They are good, a little loud around 3k rpm but I still like them. I really want to hear some of the other choices out there in person. I heard a mustang on the freeway and asked the guy what he was running, he told me roush and I bought some gently used ones off craigslist the next day. Been enjoying them the last 7k miles. Wife loves the way they sound too, so that's a bonus.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
if your on Instagram check out ADAM_3POINT7 he down here by me has sound clips. Roush AB with rest stock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts