Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Honestly I would try and find a pair of borla S-types on eBay . Brand new they're way overpriced but I just bought a pair for 400. Can't beat the quality and sound of borla

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Boorlas are awesome. I forgot all about them. I hadn't thought about ebay.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have them on my 2014 GT for almost 2 1/2 years and have the smallest of rust on the mufflers. Also, I have zero drone at any speed so don't understand how someone else did unless they have other exhaust mods. I think Roush is the best sounding axle back on the market for a stock 5.0 IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have them on my 2014 GT for almost 2 1/2 years and have the smallest of rust on the mufflers. Also, I have zero drone at any speed so don't understand how someone else did unless they have other exhaust mods. I think Roush is the best sounding axle back on the market for a stock 5.0 IMO.

i think there's only drone for the v6, i may be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have them and I love them. I get compliments all the time. Some on here are saying there is a done which is incorrect. I have had cars with exhausts that drone these don't. At 80 you hear the exhaust s bit but it is not droning. They have a great time just cruising around and scream when you throttle it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have them and I love them. I get compliments all the time. Some on here are saying there is a done which is incorrect. I have had cars with exhausts that drone these don't. At 80 you hear the exhaust s bit but it is not droning. They have a great time just cruising around and scream when you throttle it.
So no rust on yours? I ask because you live in a state with a lot of rain and I was wondering how well they held up.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Well the car doesn't see much rain since it sits on a garage and I try to avoid it when I can. They have been on the car for over two years and I have had absolutely no issues. Like others have stated roush added little drain holes so I think that helps.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have them. Love them.

Loud when pushing the car, like at WOT, mild when cruising, say on the freeway at 70. Lots of compliments. Always being to how nice my car sounds.

I have had them for 3 years. No rust. But, mine rarely sees rain or bad weather. Garaged over the winter. So out of the last 36 months, they have been parked for about 12.

I also have the Boss quad exhaust which I feel made them sound even better.

I have heard from this and other forums that they do sound great with stock exhaust. Not so much if you start making changes to other exhaust parts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have had them for about two years. I do like them. I would like to try the GT 500's It makes it hard to talk o the phone when driving. However, i never listen to the radio with all the music in the air.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I originally had them on my 14 GT but after awhile, they got too loud for me so I went with the GT 500's. A few months after that I found a set of GT500 over the axle pipes that don't have resonators and now it sounds perfect to me.

Wayne

21 - 32 of 32 Posts