Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this set up today and I'm not sure if anyone else has this set up but I have 2 things I want to ask bec it doesn't sound right to me. The first thing if you rev it or go from 1st to 2nd gear it back fires its not a continuos strong sound. The other thing is right underneath your feet it sounds like its sucking in a lot of air. Not sure if its suppose to spud like that or not. Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the roush axlebacks but I wanted it louder. So I got the jba hpipe and cat delete. I might go to high flow cats.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is high flow cats going to perform better then stock. I was reading that the stock cats are just as good as high flow??

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
The cats (or cat deletes rather) are pretty much directly beneath your feet. Make sure there are no leaks and that the cat deletes and h pipe have a good seal. Did you reuse the gaskets?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

The real gain to be had is from deleting cats altogether. If you can go catless, it is ideal, otherwise high flow cats will suffice

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy that works on mustangs told me to come back in about a week so he can check all the bolts and make any adjustments. It sounds like its sucking in air that why I'm worried. But I talked to someone else on here and they said they had the same issue and about a week you have to tighten everything back up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My buddy at work has the same set up and had the same issue.... Put loctite on the threads one by one and reinstall tightening the bolts up an give one more half turn on the bolts. If u can take the entire system out completely and start from the cats (deletes) back, u should b ok.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mustanggt11 said:
Is high flow cats going to perform better then stock. I was reading that the stock cats are just as good as high flow??
Anyone have info on this? Are 'high flow cats' all marketing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts