Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking at axle back exhaust and wondering if there's any way to run the Roush without the Roush rear fascia? I really don't want to change my car's body at this point.

·
Registered
698 Posts
How do you like the Roush axle back? I have it but won't install it until I get my GT out of hibernation.
I was very impressed with a simple axel back swap that gave my car the sound it deserves. I like it! I'm still driving mine in the cold. Or at least above 35 degrees. Here is a sound clip I need to update once I go phase 3:

http://youtu.be/KYbkxmx__v4

·
Registered
167 Posts
How do you like the Roush axle back? I have it but won't install it until I get my GT out of hibernation.
I love mine, I think the Borla's sound the best but I couldn't justify the price. The Roush have A LOT of crackle and pop on descent, which I like. Some people don't though.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I love mine, I think the Borla's sound the best but I couldn't justify the price. The Roush have A LOT of crackle and pop on descent, which I like. Some people don't though.
+1 can't beat the price. I love that crackle! After suspension and brake upgrades I may revisit exhaust.

·
Registered
230 Posts
With the weather like it has been, I'm questioning putting the car away :). We're finally getting snow on Thursday! At any rate, I think I'll take it out much earlier than I expected. I have several things to install and it's murder not being able to do it. Car's all wrapped up.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
With the weather like it has been, I'm questioning putting the car away :). We're finally getting snow on Thursday! At any rate, I think I'll take it out much earlier than I expected. I have several things to install and it's murder not being able to do it. Car's all wrapped up.
Here in cincy they have been saying snow for like 2+ weeks and it still hasn't happened.

I'll drive mine through the snow anyway as it is my DD, but something makes me feel I won't see the snow.

I am all excited about it and my friends are mad there isn't any snow. You know they don't drive fast fun cars ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a lot for all the advice guys I'm definitely going to go with the Roush as I love the sound they gave my 2005.

And jeez I cant imagine having to store my Stangs for even a week! I love the lack of seasons around here :-D

·
Registered
176 Posts
if you really want a mean sound i put an off road h pipe on along with my roush and wow. the axle backs alone are too loud for some people but i love it with the o/r h. some people think its obnoxious but i also dont drive like an a**hole all the time either so it balances out. another thing i did was i put about 4 or 5 coats of plastidip on the tips a few months back and they came out great and alot cheaper then spending the extra whatever on the kit with the black tips

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool ideas thanks man ^ personally I hope to have long tubes and a suitable midpipe installed sometime down the line. I have a feeling I'll have to go back to stock or nearly stock mufflers then so it doesn't set off car alarms lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Cool ideas thanks man ^ personally I hope to have long tubes and a suitable midpipe installed sometime down the line. I have a feeling I'll have to go back to stock or nearly stock mufflers then so it doesn't set off car alarms lol
Yeah don't do stock mufflers. They don't sound good without the cats haha. Gt500 mufflers or I am firmly standing behind the borla stingers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts