Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my Roush Catback exhaust & let me tell u, it's amazing! It's loud like I would of thought but hoping to make it even louder!! Love that Muscle aggressive tone

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's definitely worth the money. Now my only concern is if i can put long tube headers/x pipe on the Roush exhaust

·
Registered
829 Posts
LMNO said:
It's definitely worth the money. Now my only concern is if i can put long tube headers/x pipe on the Roush exhaust
You can! I've got kooks long tubes and catted x.... Sounds great!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dion11197 said:
Any videos? I would love to hear it. If I go with x pipe I'm going off road? Any big difference on off road or catted?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Dion11197 said:
Also did you have to cut anything or was it a perfect fit?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yeah, they make a difference at idle, lol! Just be prepared for old ladies to cringe and run in fear! Lol! I had to put the flowmasters back on with the roush resonators to appease the older crowd in the neighborhood.... Had two complaints.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dion11197 said:
Yeah, they make a difference at idle, lol! Just be prepared for old ladies to cringe and run in fear! Lol! I had to put the flowmasters back on with the roush resonators to appease the older crowd in the neighborhood.... Had two complaints.
Did they end up calling the cops on u Lol. Even of my neighborhood complained i still would of kept then on haha

·
Registered
829 Posts
They didn't call the cops, but unfortunately we're in a gated community and if you get too many formal complaints they can have you park outside the gates on the street and I'm not having that, lol!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the aggressive sound with the roush cat back.... So the bad part is I find myself searching for a more aggressive axel back to try and meet in the middle, lol!

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Ive got the roush tips just waiting to be reinstalled once we move though!

·
Registered
829 Posts
LMNO said:
It sounds amazing! What kind of cams do u have? What is ur idle set at? How much was it for installation or did u do it urself?
Thank you! I've got the ford racing hot rod cams. I got them because they work good n/a or supercharged and I plan on supercharging later. The idle is set at 750.... There's a few more videos that the tuner posted of it and some I posted as well when it was warmed up... You can really hear the cams then. I had a shop do all the instillation. I think for everything with dyno tuning it ran me right at 3,000, not including parts.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dion11197 said:
Thank you! I've got the ford racing hot rod cams. I got them because they work good n/a or supercharged and I plan on supercharging later. The idle is set at 750.... There's a few more videos that the tuner posted of it and some I posted as well when it was warmed up... You can really hear the cams then. I had a shop do all the instillation. I think for everything with dyno tuning it ran me right at 3,000, not including parts.
How does it sound in the Cabin. Is it obnoxious & bothering or is it quiet?

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

What did ur car dyno at?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Stock it put down 278rwhp with just the roush cat back. After the cams, intake, JLT cold air, long tubes with catted x and tune, it put down 334rwhp. Almost 60hp at the wheels. I think there could be some more left in it. The tuner told me it was a "conservative" tune. And it was tuned on mid grade gas not premium.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dion11197 said:
Stock it put down 278rwhp with just the roush cat back. After the cams, intake, JLT cold air, long tubes with catted x and tune, it put down 334rwhp. Almost 60hp at the wheels. I think there could be some more left in it. The tuner told me it was a "conservative" tune. And it was tuned on mid grade gas not premium.
So now what wud the real HP b? I thought stock is 315HP?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts