Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, but, say I drive a v6 232 now, and I were to magically come up with the 11,600 it costs for the Roush Performance 402 R - Superformance MKII... now i don't know the stats on the superperformance one, but the 402 R has a nice 525 hp on it *drool*... but, I'm just curious, if I make that a goal to save for, would it even fit in my engine bay now? Would they be interchangeable? and would I be able to then supercharge my 402 R engine to get umm... hehehe... 600+? :shock: :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yes, would fit.
no, not interchangable w/o A LOT of work. the v6 is not made to have a v8 in it.

yes, you would be able to supercharge it

anything is possible w/ enough money

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hrmm... i think i could make my v6 look spiffy and run w/ that instead of spending the 11 grand on the roush stuff :p

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
holy god. 11grand for an engine.thats just stupid. just get a gt engine and supercharge it, do really good internals and porting and such, and some nos and youll be at 500hp after likr 7grand. gt engines shouldnt be more that 2grand, should they?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if I were to do that, would I have to change my gauges to reflect a diff max mph and tachometer change? I'd need a new chip too right?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yea, chip, new PATS system, new electrical harness, new ECU most likely. basically a new car w/ a V6 shell. like i said earlier. the V6 was not meant to have aa V8 in it, so the parts are not interchangable, and you need a lot of work to get an 8 in there

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
quite sure it can be done, the S351 Saleens, of course they dont' do them anymore, were a stripped out V6 with a 351 W engine in it. The thing is like Monkey said, almost everything has to be changed, all the electronics, all the wiring, the ECU, everything, I mean everything under the hood has to be stripped out and changed to V8 stuff, its a big swap, not a simple changeover at all.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, and those were like $50-60k too.

it can be done. anything can be done if the money is there. its just gonna be really expensive

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
If that is the road you want to take find a donor car (Something wrecked) and take all the wiring harnesses, gauges, engine with all accessories, tranny, rearend, Computer, crossmember with engine mounts, bellhousing. I know I mam forgetting something

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, you would probably just twist the driveshaft right off on the V6 drivetrain with that engine!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
TbirdMan91169 said:
holy god. 11grand for an engine.thats just stupid. just get a gt engine and supercharge it, do really good internals and porting and such, and some nos and youll be at 500hp after likr 7grand. gt engines shouldnt be more that 2grand, should they?
you could build a carbed stroked small block ford for around 4k and make 500+ hp

·
Registered
529 Posts
Me and my smart comments *L*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts