Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,207 Posts
Sounds to me like you have something going on with the SC install itself that's causing your probs. Swapping back the stock flywheel and clutch will certainly not do anything to fix that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Roush has basically blamed the clutch and dealership hit me with $900 bill and no fix with advice to place stock clutch

·
Lorraine's driver
8,207 Posts
That just makes no sense to me. Was the Roush SC a complete kit? I would think it would include everything you need to support the SC, including a base tune. You can't slap a supercharger on a fuel injected car and call it a day. A clutch does not cause misfires lol. There has to be something going on with one or both of the installs. Something was not buttoned up correctly on the SC install. Something was knocked loose or broken during clutch install.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
When I saw them advertising these cars I was waiting for this stuff to start popping up

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
455 Posts
Don't know if I missed it but who installed the clutch? Was the misfire present before the Clutch install? Does sound like something was not reconnected properly after the clutch install if it was not present before it was installed. I have read changing the gears would cause the need for a crank relearn not convinced that changing the Clutch and Flywheel would but who knows with all of the electronics on cars now days.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The CEL with P0300 codes occurred approx 100 miles after clutch install. The Ford Dealership checked and reinstalled the clutch. They could not find a cause for Misfore codes and decided to blame the clutch itself. Say the clutch is defective or imbalanced

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Going back to dealership where I bought it... they are good people and have treated me really well... so I ship it out tomorrow... the cash continues to bleed... but will see what happens... no matter what... Currie Ford took $900 from me and could not fix my car...

·
Registered
140 Posts
It takes a while for the CEL to come on. 100 miles sounds OK. If you had a code reader, you could read pending codes which come on first and after several, cycles, i think 5, CEL willl come on. The engine computer is looking for a consistent signal from the crank sensor. If it gets too much variation each revolution, then you get random misfire code. A clutch change definitely can cause this condition.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pull the blower belt and try to turn by hand. Should be fairly easy and quite. I don't think this is the problem, but it would be peace of mind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We need a forum or facebook group that can mention dealers who take money and do not fix anything. If it became prominent enough maybe those dealers would change policies and not charge for their flubs

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
although like others way more skilled than I have agreed with clutch sensor. on one of the forums you mentioned the mech did it 8x. I wonder it the sensor is going bad/needs to have the connections cleaned.

OP you will need to update us when progress/madness is made.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,207 Posts
although like others way more skilled than I have agreed with clutch sensor. on one of the forums you mentioned the mech did it 8x. I wonder it the sensor is going bad/needs to have the connections cleaned.

OP you will need to update us when progress/madness is made.

Something is not right after the clutch install or the SC install or both. Maybe it got knicked during the install..? Hopefully they aren't lying to him about performing the procedure.

OP, hope you can get this figured out and enjoy your Mustang soon!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks guys... waiting for truck right now to pick up my car... going to be at Dealership who built it on Monday... will see how things shake out... imagine Roush telling me to get rid of my $1000 clutch because McLeod RXT is defective or imbalanced...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the same problem. 2016 GT with a dealer installed Roush stage 1.blower. that has been running without any problems. I just replaced my clutch with McCleod RXT and lightened steel flywheel. I now have PO300 stored with PO304, PO307 pending. I can drive normal and its seems fine-who wants to drive a boosted car normal. So now if I am in 3rd or 4th gear and hammer down a couple of times leaving it in that gear, as the RPM's come back down it starts misfiring. It is way to suspect to be happening just after a clutch replacement when it has been running like a champ. I will try a crank relearn just to rule it in/out and respond with an update.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah man... crazy. May have to change to an RST clutch. I have no clue. Will see what dealership says.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,207 Posts
Yeah man... crazy. May have to change to an RST clutch. I have no clue. Will see what dealership says.

The question is, what clutch should you go with..? Is there anyone out there that has had an issue similar to this that has been able to resolve their problem with a different clutch/flywheel setup..?

21 - 40 of 73 Posts