Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of people are gonna say get whipple, saleen, paxton, etc. but im not wanting major power just a little more than what i have now and i like the roush set up and the option to keep factory warranty. question is has anyone or know someone that has the roush supercharger on their shelby gt, i think the only difference as far as the standard gt goes and the shelby is the ford racing cold air induction. so im gonna put the standard factory air box in my car to accomadate the roush tune that goes with the factory setup. do you think roush will have a problem calibrating my ecm due to it being a shelby or is that besides the point since every car has a tune on it. has anyone had any experience in this and can anyone think of anything else i might need to do? thanks for your help, by the way great site!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
I'm not sure the shelby GT strut tower brace will clear the roushcharger...

·
Registered
428 Posts
-You can remove the stock strut tower brace without any harm. If you are that worried, I know Saleen has braces that clear a blower.
-Reprogramming is not a major issue.
-Roush is not the only aftermarkwet manufacturer that will allow you to retain your warranty.
-How much power are you looking to make?
-You could get almost any supercharger and just use the pulley which provides the least boost. That gives the option of an easy upgrade to a different pulley if you do change your mind about power in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
-You can remove the stock strut tower brace without any harm. If you are that worried, I know Saleen has braces that clear a blower.
-Roush is not the only aftermarkwet manuafcturer that will allow you to retain your warranty.
-You could get almost any supercharger and just use the pulley which provides the least boost. That gives the option of an easy upgrade to a different pulley if you do change your mind about power in the future.
Great Advise

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
-Roush is not the only aftermarkwet manufacturer that will allow you to retain your warranty.
The only issue I have with removing the stb is that it's one of the selling points on the new Shelby GT's. It serialized and such. Just depends on how much someone wants to keep a car original, then again, if you plan on supercharging the car you don't plan on keeping it stock...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts