Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is that "Top Fuelers"..1/4 mile dragsters take the cover off their suerchargers after each run ...because they replace the ???.....rubber/metal seal on the inside of lid that the moving part screw/rotor sp?? rubs against to create the spooling /air presssure build up....it apparently wears .....

I have a 2011 mustang gt/cs..no supercharger on it yet ...but i have acquired a 2007 F150 with a Rousch Supercharger on it 135 000 kms...or 90 000 miles...It was installed from NEW...

This is why i require any info as it has a few miles on it ...

Shaun

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
you change the oil in them every XXXXXX miles (oem fill on the M112 eaton used on the 03/04 cobras is 100k miles)

thats pretty much it..... with a supercharger though you get more oil forced back through the pcv system so many use a oil collector to keep as much as they can out.

Thats pretty much it~ there is an extra cooling system (liquid cool like the regular radiator) that you change just like the normal coolant interval or so~

I would not install an Eaton brand supercharger (roush has used these not sure if they do) it would be MUCH Better to go with a ford racing whipple or kenne bell kit (google Root vs Twin Screw as the OEM roush uses root vs a whipple/kenne bell that is twin screw, and twin screw is far superior)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 525hp Whipple 2.3 kit Ford Racing s/c that the first owner had installed by Ford. so it came with warrenty. I just rolled over 8k. The s/c has oil sight gauge which is nice. There is a 525hp and 625hp kit. The 625hp kit does not come with warrenty. I dont know why?? LOL. It is sickkkkk imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts