Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
609 Posts
I don't think sc require maintenance. Unless its intercooled you might want to do a cool down idle after a hard run. On the other hand turbos do require turbotimers ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is that "Top Fuelers"..1/4 mile dragsters take the cover off their suerchargers after each run ...because they replace the ???.....rubber/metal seal on the inside of lid that the moving part screw/rotor sp?? rubs against to create the spooling /air presssure build up....it apparently wears .....

I have a 2011 mustang gt/cs..no supercharger on it yet ...but i have acquired a 2007 F150 with a Rousch Supercharger on it 135 000 kms...or 90 000 miles...It was installed from NEW...

This is why i require any info as it has a few miles on it ...

Shaun

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
you change the oil in them every XXXXXX miles (oem fill on the M112 eaton used on the 03/04 cobras is 100k miles)

thats pretty much it..... with a supercharger though you get more oil forced back through the pcv system so many use a oil collector to keep as much as they can out.

Thats pretty much it~ there is an extra cooling system (liquid cool like the regular radiator) that you change just like the normal coolant interval or so~

I would not install an Eaton brand supercharger (roush has used these not sure if they do) it would be MUCH Better to go with a ford racing whipple or kenne bell kit (google Root vs Twin Screw as the OEM roush uses root vs a whipple/kenne bell that is twin screw, and twin screw is far superior)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thx for the info.....i'll will ask my roush ford dealer as well for added input as well...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 525hp Whipple 2.3 kit Ford Racing s/c that the first owner had installed by Ford. so it came with warrenty. I just rolled over 8k. The s/c has oil sight gauge which is nice. There is a 525hp and 625hp kit. The 625hp kit does not come with warrenty. I dont know why?? LOL. It is sickkkkk imo.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The Roush kit is 100k until you need to change the oil. It says that in the instructions. The Whipple you need to fill whereas the Roush comes already filled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts