Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone I am sure there have been some posts on this before but I was looking at some pros and cons of the Procharger system vs the Roush supercharger. Cost, power, maintenance. I am leaning towards the Roush but it seems like a lot of people are going with the Procharger and it seems it may be a little cheaper. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
97 Posts
Went with the Paxton kit from Team Beefcake Racing, Terry is great to deal with. John Lund did the tuning very happy. About 10 hours install total. Car drives like stock until you make the blow off valve close then hang on. Have not had on dyno yet but should be around 630 at the tires.
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1459904051.689634.jpg

2015 GT Premium Triple Yellow
Niche Essen Staggered
Paxton Supercharged
Borla ATAk cat back

·
Registered
976 Posts
If your looking at the Roush TVS look at the VMP kit. I went that route after almost pulling the trigger on a Paxton and sooooo glad I did.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
137 Posts
One big item

The Procharger has the power and flexibility of the Roush but it also has something
Rough doesn't. It is removable. That means you can take it off and sell it when you decide to change cars. This ability to recover a significant amount of the initial investment means the Pro is more than a little cheaper. And it means the car can be sold easier also. Win, cost wise, and Win on performance for the cost.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The Procharger has the power and flexibility of the Roush but it also has something

Rough doesn't. It is removable. That means you can take it off and sell it when you decide to change cars. This ability to recover a significant amount of the initial investment means the Pro is more than a little cheaper. And it means the car can be sold easier also. Win, cost wise, and Win on performance for the cost.

Pretty sure you can remove a Roush blower.... It's not like it's welded on to the heads... There are plenty of guys that sell PD blowers before they sell the car or like some swap to turbos. So all in all your statement is completely invalid.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
976 Posts
My father who has a 2014 CS is looking to get the stage 2 625 HP blower from Roush

Just a near stock 3.7

Get the VMP blower instead. Roush is good VMP just perfects that style. To put it in better terms the phase 1 kit from VMP is more efficient and more powerful then the phase 3 kit from Roush if that's put it in perspective for you.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
No love for Vortech? I honestly dunno why there is a Paxton and Vortech anymore as Vortech owns both and has for awhile now.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Get the VMP blower instead. Roush is good VMP just perfects that style. To put it in better terms the phase 1 kit from VMP is more efficient and more powerful then the phase 3 kit from Roush if that's put it in perspective for you.

2011 Kona Blue Gt
Good lord, how many phases does VMP have for their blower?

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
SSJ1, SSJ2 and SSJ3

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
They both advertise 675 horse

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Well at least for my year

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
They both advertise 675 horse

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Well at least for my year

It's not all in the tune. One has a way bigger housing and inlet and already comes with a better intake and far bigger heat exchanger. Granted the Roush kit makes a lot of power it just makes less because of certain areas the VMP blower set up addresses and improved upon.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's not all in the tune. One has a way bigger housing and inlet and already comes with a better intake and far bigger heat exchanger. Granted the Roush kit makes a lot of power it just makes less because of certain areas the VMP blower set up addresses and improved upon.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

Was talking about the phases...

·
Registered
976 Posts
VMP blower phases are still different from the Roush phases though for a reason. VMP phase one alone is like 715. Stock cars with just a blower on phase 1 are on average are putting down like 580-600rwhp

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
VMP blower phases are still different from the Roush phases though for a reason. VMP phase one alone is like 715. Stock cars with just a blower on phase 1 are on average are putting down like 580-600rwhp

2011 Kona Blue Gt

I still think we're talking about 2 diff things. Your talking about vmp blower with phase 3 compared to roush blower phase 3 I understand this. I'm talking about phase 3 for roush blower whether it's from roush or Vmp which they both advertise 675 horse for my application. Even though they both advertise the same amount of horsepower the tunes sets them apart. I think I might of misunderstood the question all together but this is what I was referring to.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts