Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I still think we're talking about 2 diff things. Your talking about vmp blower with phase 3 compared to roush blower phase 3 I understand this. I'm talking about phase 3 for roush blower whether it's from roush or Vmp which they both advertise 675 horse for my application. Even though they both advertise the same amount of horsepower the tunes sets them apart. I think I might of misunderstood the question all together but this is what I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Trust me they're completely different the housing alone with the VMP blower flows like 18% more. The only thing that the VMP uses the same of on the blower is the internals of the blower the 60mm TB and the lower intake manifold. It's not the tune only that makes them far more powerful. Here's pictures below of the phase one kit that comes with a box style intake. Let's put it this way a Roush blower with an 85mm pulley might make around 520rwhp and an 85mm pulley VMP blower would roughly make 580rwhp intake for intake, throttle body for throttle body, pulley for pulley the VMP will make more. Looks at the housing differences in these pictures

Roush blower
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461115010.536946.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461115022.953834.jpg

Now the VMP set up
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461115051.309575.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461115068.762650.jpg

Trust me it's more then the tune. Roush makes a good blower but that blower is the older generation. They are different I promise I spent a year researching blowers for these cars before I got mine.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like how we are still comparing hp #'s. When will people get hp and fast out of their head.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$

Because it's in a basic form it is giving a base line to gauge things off. Trust me I know hp doesn't = fast car haha.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Trust me they're completely different the housing alone with the VMP blower flows like 18% more. The only thing that the VMP uses the same of on the blower is the internals of the blower the 60mm TB and the lower intake manifold. It's not the tune only that makes them far more powerful. Here's pictures below of the phase one kit that comes with a box style intake. Let's put it this way a Roush blower with an 85mm pulley might make around 520rwhp and an 85mm pulley VMP blower would roughly make 580rwhp intake for intake, throttle body for throttle body, pulley for pulley the VMP will make more. Looks at the housing differences in these pictures

Roush blower
View attachment 200035 View attachment 200036

Now the VMP set up
View attachment 200037 View attachment 200038

Trust me it's more then the tune. Roush makes a good blower but that blower is the older generation. They are different I promise I spent a year researching blowers for these cars before I got mine.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

Lol chech I don't disagree with you.. Maybe I'm not explaining myself properly. I'm talking about he roush blower ONLY. Comparing the roush tune vs the Vmp tune.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Haha no worries I've just seen a lot of people recently think these PD blowers are all the same just wanted to clear the air. But yeah tune for tune they'll make a difference.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
?? believe me I think Vmp is the shiiit. Heck I do have they're tune... If I didn't have a roush I would throw the Vmp blower in a heartbeat

21 - 30 of 30 Posts