Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad decided to ride with me the other day and after watching me take off a couple times got pretty pissed... He insists that if my rpms are below 1,200 when i launch i'm destroying my timing belt, and if their above 1500 i'm gonna blow the clutch out. I tend to be more near 2,000 (agressive driving habits), but hes exaggerating how sensitive it is, right?

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
As in just driving around town you mean? You really don't have to give it a ton of gas to get moving but you also don't want to flat out make it chug trying to take off at a low rpm.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
willrad00 said:
So my dad decided to ride with me the other day and after watching me take off a couple times got pretty pissed... He insists that if my rpms are below 1,200 when i launch i'm destroying my timing belt, and if their above 1500 i'm gonna blow the clutch out. I tend to be more near 2,000 (agressive driving habits), but hes exaggerating how sensitive it is, right?
2k is on the excessive side IMO, you might not 'blow out' the clutch but it's wearing on it more then 'normal'. It's all about preference, if you don't mind buying gas go for it. the clutch, you can buy one that can handle it on a daily basis.As long as you aren't breaking any laws of course! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts