Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Start with the easy ones, add a fuel additive: techron is good. And change your gas station. See how it does.
I’ve used Techron and Lucas additives. Sam’s Club 87 and 93 octane, also Brookshire’s gas.

I might just change the TB. It has 84k on it and an unknown maintenance history.

·
Registered
1 Posts
has anyone figured out the issue ? mine does the same thing all the time just hit 80k miles TB looks fine it looks new actually cleaned it out and very little carbon came out did the idle relearn and no luck either changed gas stations also didnt help its annoying to feel the car feel like its going to stall all the time when parking or reversing

·
Registered
441 Posts
has anyone figured out the issue ? mine does the same thing all the time just hit 80k miles TB looks fine it looks new actually cleaned it out and very little carbon came out did the idle relearn and no luck either changed gas stations also didnt help its annoying to feel the car feel like its going to stall all the time when parking or reversing
I'm wondering whether it could be caused by the intake manifold being gunked up with oil from the PCV system. I have had my catch can on for 25,000 miles and must have dumped half a quart of oil out of it over the years. Do you have a catch can?

41 - 43 of 43 Posts