Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 gt mt82 junk....recently my Rpm needle been moving around at idle...not much bit enough to notice ...anyone have this issue and is it a problem? When I'm idling around 700-750 it will dip down. To 600ish then back up.. and when not dipping down it moves between 700-750 constantly. ..any help I would greatly appreciate

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
2013 gt mt82 junk....recently my Rpm needle been moving around at idle...not much bit enough to notice ...anyone have this issue and is it a problem? When I'm idling around 700-750 it will dip down. To 600ish then back up.. and when not dipping down it moves between 700-750 constantly. ..any help I would greatly appreciate
Have you messed around with any vacuum lines lately? Typically a dancing idle is indicative of a vacuum leak. If you have a datalogger, hook it up at idle and see what your short term fuel trims are doing.

Also not sure why you mentioned the transmission because that has literally nothing to do with your issue?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ac on or off it does it ....mentioned trans just because. No vacumm lines messed with sinew the boss intake install. 4 months ago....just started this recently

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Voltwings is correct, do you have a data logger?
Also could be an intake leak/vacuum, causing the jumping needle.
The AC should make no difference..........at least on mine it doesn't.....with the AC on it should hold a slightly faster idle than normal....................mine normally idles 700 and with the AC it's above 700.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts