Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving an automatic, so usually when I'm in D, it's so hard to get into 2000rpm or above. Why? And how to easily get above 2000rpm when I'm in D? And 3.73 gearbox! What's that? What differences will it make between stock gear! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Rileychan01 said:
So I'm driving an automatic, so usually when I'm in D, it's so hard to get into 2000rpm or above. Why? And how to easily get above 2000rpm when I'm in D? And 3.73 gearbox! What's that? What differences will it make between stock gear! Thanks guys.
If your foot is too light on the peddle, autos think you are trying to save gas... They up shift. Step on it harder and it will stay in gear.

3.73 is the rear differential. You have a 3.15. The higher ratio will burn more gas but give better acceleration

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Is it bad to cruise at like 2500 rpms? I'm talking for miles and miles. That always worrys me. I know its burning more gas but is it bad for motor.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
Is it bad to cruise at like 2500 rpms? I'm talking for miles and miles. That always worrys me. I know its burning more gas but is it bad for motor.
No, many people run in new edges up to 2500-3000 on the highway. You'll just burn more gas.
A little harder on the engine? Ya a little but I doubt it's gonna blow up. Should be fine

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
The rpm is up so common sense says you'll burn more gas. Now if your going 125 and running 4 when the car red lines at 5 and doing that for miles, well you will need gas shorty and kinda pushing the motor. The lower the better but keep up with traffic.

My auto does the whole "stall" thing too. Just use your right foot to command it to stay in 1st or 2nd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts