Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my 13' gt auto couple of days ago, the car is amazing. for the past 2 days i have not performed a wot or flooring it even on the highway driving home from the dealership going 80-100mph. i notice rpm never went over 4k, is it normal? how can i rev it higher while driving?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
got my 13' gt auto couple of days ago, the car is amazing. for the past 2 days i have not performed a wot or flooring it even on the highway driving home from the dealership going 80-100mph. i notice rpm never went over 4k, is it normal? how can i rev it higher while driving?
Normal on the auto..
1) put it into "sport mode". That will effectively lock out 6th gear and hold lower gears longer before downshifting.

You can also manually hold gears once in sport mode by using the up/down button on the shifter's side.

Eventually, when you are comfortable with mods that "may" void some warranty aspects of your vehicle, you can get some aggressive tunes for the auto that will really wake the car up!

Congrats on the new car!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I wouldn't recommend wot or revving too high during the break in period... 500-1000miles

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the quick reply, your stang is looking good just like mine all blacked out hahaha.
i only depressed the gas pedal about half way, sometimes alittle more but never beyond 3/4. will flooring it exceed 4k? tune is diffidently on my mind, alot of auto user are seeing day and night with their tune.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
thanks for the quick reply, your stang is looking good just like mine all blacked out hahaha.
i only depressed the gas pedal about half way, sometimes alittle more but never beyond 3/4. will flooring it exceed 4k? tune is diffidently on my mind, alot of auto user are seeing day and night with their tune.
Sometimes with the stock auto tune while already at speed, other than downshifting in sport mode with the shifter gear buttons, pushing the pedal to the metal is the only way to get her to downshift.

Again, a good tune can fix that. They can set what throttle position initiates a downshift and set the shift strategy to keep a lower gear for rpm bands... And downshift upon deceleration aggressively. It would also eliminate the horrible throttle response delay the 2011+ autos are known to have.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes with the stock auto tune while already at speed, other than downshifting in sport mode with the shifter gear buttons, pushing the pedal to the metal is the only way to get her to downshift.

Again, a good tune can fix that. They can set what throttle position initiates a downshift and set the shift strategy to keep a lower gear for rpm bands... And downshift upon deceleration aggressively. It would also eliminate the horrible throttle response delay the 2011+ autos are known to have.
thanks, i did ask the dealer about it and they told me it would void the drivetrain warranty........
im planning to wait out the warranty then mod. it will be a long wait but the car is good enough for me right now as a daily driver.
i also notice after 10-20 mins of driving with moderate speed, when i pop the hood open the engine feels hot (still bearable to touch). is that normal?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
thanks, i did ask the dealer about it and they told me it would void the drivetrain warranty........
im planning to wait out the warranty then mod. it will be a long wait but the car is good enough for me right now as a daily driver.
i also notice after 10-20 mins of driving with moderate speed, when i pop the hood open the engine feels hot (still bearable to touch). is that normal?
Yep. As long as you don't get any temp warnings (gauges or lights... Not sure what cluster you have), your fine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. As long as you don't get any temp warnings (gauges or lights... Not sure what cluster you have), your fine.

sorry for sounding a like a noob, this is my first car and the most powerful car i have ever driven.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
sorry for sounding a like a noob, this is my first car and the most powerful car i have ever driven.
No problem at all... Gotta learn somewhere!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
last night before bed, i just realize something. ford states [email protected], how does auto users utilize the full hp? the only way i could think of is flooring it

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First car?!? Not bad for a first car!
lets just say i went all out with my 4 years savings that i started since high school lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
last night before bed, i just realize something. ford states [email protected], how does auto users utilize the full hp? the only way i could think of is flooring it
You have to remember that the auto has the "sport" mode quasi shifting.... (Yes, slush box and not true 3rd pedal driving...), but you downshift to get your RPMs in the power band.

This is basically what WOT (or a creative tune as described above) does. It downshifts.

So
1) floor it
2) sport shift it (put shifter in sport mode + use the up/down buttons on the side of the shifter to control what gear you are in)
3) have a good tuner modify the shift strategy to basically be in a lower gear and to downshift at accelerator positions other than WOT.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks again.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I wouldn't recommend wot or revving too high during the break in period... 500-1000miles
I had the pedal to the floor the second I left the dealer. Tuned before I had 500 miles on it. There is no break in period.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I had the pedal to the floor the second I left the dealer. Tuned before I had 500 miles on it. There is no break in period.
Haha I was told the same thing by the dealer. I drove her hard from 60 miles to now almost 15,000 miles with no issues.

The only time I drove her easy was when I had the gears changed. And that wasn't but for maybe 100 miles.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Your owner's manual begs to differ. :D
Owners manual? Bahahahahaha.:p:

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Haha I was told the same thing by the dealer. I drove her hard from 60 miles to now almost 15,000 miles with no issues.

The only time I drove her easy was when I had the gears changed. And that wasn't but for maybe 100 miles.
I could maybe understand breaking in the clutch but the OP has an auto so no need for that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts