Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a reason that when im in the middle of traffic that my rpms drop about ever 30 seconds to a minute 1998 convert v6

·
Registered
229 Posts
Some cars do that when they have a miss to them? You can sit there and watch the rpms drop and come back up driving or at idle, idk if thats what yours is doing but just a sugestion

·
Registered
502 Posts
Could possibly be the idle air control valve. Also if you have a light on bring it to a shop and have them run it that could tell you what your problem is.( and I'm suprised no one mention to do that yet, when I have a light on and the car is acting up first thing I do is check the light)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dgerow12 said:
Could possibly be the idle air control valve. Also if you have a light on bring it to a shop and have them run it that could tell you what your problem is.( and I'm suprised no one mention to do that yet, when I have a light on and the car is acting up first thing I do is check the light)
is it free

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Robbiemustang96 said:
is it free
At autozone it's free, if you take it to a shop they may charge you a 50$ diagnostic fee also if you know someone with a handheld tuner you can check it that way also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts