Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a 94 gt and it runs and sounds great but when I hit the gas from a dead stop the rpms from from about 750 to 500 or sometimes lower before they go up again. It caused the car to stall a couple times. I cleaned the throttle body and it might have helped a little bit but it could also be in my head. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I kinda have the same problem like wen I rev it the rpms go up then way down for a bit

Sent from my VS840 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Clean the MAF element with MAF cleaner, to the fuel filter, very well could be time for new injectors. Should have seen the ones I pulled out of my 95 Cobra back in 2007 and those only had 60k on them...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok all fixed. But there's a chirping sound for about five minutes after I start it. What's this?

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
If it goes away when you push in the clutch its probably the throwout bearing. Either needs adjusting or it is going bad. Also could be as simple as a pulley or tensioner.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
So what was it, what cured the problem so future generations can fix their problems also.

Sent from the Bathroom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the throttle body. I cleaned it but when I put it back together I didn't do it right so I had my mechanic do it. I don't have a lot of space to work on the car because I live in New York City so it's easier just to have someone do it. I try to do things I don't need a lift or a driveway for but I'm not very good at it!! ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's how you get better: you try and you learn from it ??

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
298 Posts
I see you finally made it over to sbftech SmurfStang.No site will teach you how to trouble shoot the Foxbodys EEC-IV system like that place will.Joel is a genius at that stuff and Woody's got the engine side covered to a t,don't ya think??Not discrediting this place at all,but those two guys can explain trouble shooting methods forwards,backwards and in anybody's language.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Woody is hands down the only person I'd ever trust to build a SBF. Well I mean his shop Fordstrokers. I wish he'd do modulars but that'll never happen while ppl are beating his proverbial door down for small blocks. IIRC his waitlist is 2 months from the time you order to the time he begins work on your motor.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Even though a businesses main goal is to primarily make money,Woody seems like he's in it more so to make people happy and to provide a product that will give you 100,000+ dependable miles on the street and/or 100's of passes down the track.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yeah woody is good and his wait is long! Lol I know a lot of people that have bought blueprint stroker motors and they make good power with a good warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I see you finally made it over to sbftech SmurfStang.No site will teach you how to trouble shoot the Foxbodys EEC-IV system like that place will.Joel is a genius at that stuff and Woody's got the engine side covered to a t,don't ya think??Not discrediting this place at all,but those two guys can explain trouble shooting methods forwards,backwards and in anybody's language.
Been there for years just don't post as much over there. Knowledge over there is great. I come here to :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts