here is the list for Indy, is it the same for most tracks?
RULES FOR THE 2004 TRADERINDIANA.COM STREET LEGAL SERIES
Who Can Race?
Any Licensed Driver (must show license in order to pass tech) those under 18 but licensed must have a minor release signed by parents.
Gates open @ 4:30pm, racing begins @ 5:30pm. (Weather Permitting)
March 23, 30
Apr. 6, 13, 20, 27,
May 4, 11, 14*, 18, 25
Jun. 1, 8, 15, 22, 25* 29
Jul. 6, 13, 20, 23*, 27
Aug. 10, 17
Sep 14, 21, 28
Oct 5, 12, 19, 26
* = Friday Night Midnight Madness
To race your vehicle is $15.00* per driver. Spectator’s admission is $7.00, and children 12 & under is FREE.
* = Five-dollar discount coupons for the Traderindiana.com Street Legal Series can be found in The Trader Paper and Trader Wheels & Deals magazines. Both The Trader Paper and Trader Wheels and Deals can be found in numerous grocery and convenience store locations throughout Indiana.
How To Race?
Pass Basic NHRA Inspection Rules per the current Year Rulebook. (Cars 14.00 seconds or slower) NHRA 2003 RULEBOOK is on sale in the main office.
THE RACE DIRECTOR’S DECISION IS FINAL! The following are requirements for street legal vehicles:
1. The vehicle must be STREET LEGAL, which means registered, insured, and drivable on the street.
2. NO RACE CARS!!
3. Shorts are NOT PERMITTED when racing and a shirt with sleeves is required to race.
4. Seat belts must be properly mounted.
5. All windows must be present and in good shape and rolled up fully when racing. (no cracks)
6. All automatic transmissions must have operational neutral safety switches.
7. Doors handles operational inside & out.
8. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment and the battery must have 3/8 bolts to hold it in place.
9. Batteries that are relocated in the trunk must have external cut off switch to the rear of the vehicle labeled "CUT OFF."
10. Radiator must have proper overflow catch tank.
11. Tires must be in good condition.
12. Carburetor must be covered: if there is no hood, live fan must be removed but an electric fan is OK.
13. Carburetor must have “two” return springs installed.
14. Rear seat must be installed or sheet metal covering or trunk bulkhead must be installed.
15. Convertibles must run with top up and driver MUST have a SNELL 90 or newer approved helmet.
16. All vehicles must have at least one working taillight.
17. All hubcaps and trim rings must be removed.
18. All drivers running vehicles 13.99 or quicker must have a SNELL 90 or newer approved helmet.
19. Slicks are allowed as long as they are DOT approved.
20. NO PASSENGERS ARE PERMITTED!