Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ok today was the first time getting on it with the new engine/tranny. I shifted at 5k and I get back and my car smelled like it was running hot(the temp gauge showed a little below midline) I popped the good and my upper radiator hose was smoking a little and my heads (aluminum) were hot to the touch. What could this be? It has

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Ok today was the first time getting on it with the new engine/tranny. I shifted at 5k and I get back and my car smelled like it was running hot(the temp gauge showed a little below midline) I popped the good and my upper radiator hose was smoking a little and my heads (aluminum) were hot to the touch. What could this be? It has
That doesn't really sound like anything out of the ordinary.
Occasionally you may get that smell from moisture condensation on the engine and components that is evaporating off of them and your heads should be hot if you just got through running it hard.
The only way to be sure is to install an aftermarket temperature gauge that is marked in degrees or use a heat scanner gun to check engine component exterior temperatures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts