Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is running hot..its a 95 v6 ...stang..of course...i checked everything...all of the oils and waters and antifreeze stuff..and everthing is good...so i had my stepdad look at it and he said that the fan wasnt working...how much would a fan cost...? and if it will work sometimes...would i still need to get another one??

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
be careful... it could be signs that your headgasket is about history!! 95s had horrible head gaskets so id suggest not driving it until you know for sure what the problem is! Also 95s had a recall on the fan bearing or circuit breaker or somethin like that so that could be your problem too. whatever the problem is, dont drive it until you know whats going on with it because you could end up having to replace your whole engine

·
Registered
941 Posts
classic headgasket-itis. sorry bud. i hope you got knowledgeable friends to replace it. where's florence, i doubt it's the one in italy. :p

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sup man,
Welcome to the boards.

Just letting you know that there was a recall for 94-95 stangs for a # of stuff.
But all of which can be corrected.

Unfortunatly, you cant benifit from the recals anymore, but one was abuot the
cooling fan.

Read all your recalls here:

http://www.v6stangs.com/index.php?page=v6_stang_specs/recalls/95_recall.php

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oh PS: my fan blew, and i brought it to ford, they said they fixed it, they didnt, it didnt turn on, and i blew my radiator.
Ford bought me a new one, and i installed it. Then i just wired a fan switch, so i can control it.

Its probabyl not the fan thats broken, its probably the control module for it.
So i just didnt want to screw around with it, and wired a swtich to it. What you can do is get some wires going to the fna to the batter to just test the fan to see if it works.
Dont go to ford they suck.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
How does it overheat, does the gauge stay Cold and then jumps uo to Hot, open up the radaitor cap, see if air is coming out, I had the same problem as you, mine was a headgasket. Sorry man, its sucks, I am getting it done for 300, and I bought new heads, but your looking at 1,500 to 1,900 from ford, they stopped paying for them a while ago.

·
Registered
386 Posts
cross ur fingers and hope its not headgaskets, i really dont think it is though.

How many miles are on the car?

Plus, if u checked oil nad antifreeze and u said it was fine, then i bet ur ok.

Just keep a close look for it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I checked my oil it was fine, but I blew a headgasket, best I can tell you is dont run it....ull get it worse if it is

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
we need to know how it is acting up, it could only be the
fan if you are lucky but that can weaken the HG too! So
get it checked ASAP!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got it looked at the other day at school...he said that i need a cold air modulator...what ever that is.. :rolleyes:
..i dont know how many miles are on my car...it was wrecked a while back..head on and the mileage doesnt work...
..btw..im in florence, SC

·
Registered
113 Posts
:mad: how hot are you running. is the needle going past the normal bracket? did you check if there is power going to the fan connector? i think the fan only comes on at 250 degrees. you should check for power going to the fan before you spend money on a fan.

·
Registered
126 Posts
widowvirgin said:
:how hot are you running. is the needle going past the normal bracket? did you check if there is power going to the fan connector?
We need more information. Did you check your thermostat?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts