Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was told by a mechanic that my car is running lean and that it could be the JLT CAI or the tune..... any one else run into this??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check your tune. If you use a CAI without tune it will cause a higher air mixture to fuel ratio (hence the term running "lean"). I suggest returning your car to stock with your tuner and then reflashing to the tune you want. This makes sure you start from a clean flash instead of reflashing a bad tune. You must do this soon. Running lean is bad for your engine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
2008crna said:
Check your tune. If you use a CAI without tune it will cause a higher air mixture to fuel ratio (hence the term running "lean"). I suggest returning your car to stock with your tuner and then reflashing to the tune you want. This makes sure you start from a clean flash instead of reflashing a bad tune. You must do this soon. Running lean is bad for your engine.
+1

And if you have the option, send in any data logs to whoever does your tune and have them update it. This is popular with the 2011+ guys that have Bama tunes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts