Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went through a couple of the threads to see if I can answer my question. I have a V6 with Flowmaster exhaust, a MAC CAI, and TRANSGO shift kit. I was wondering what I should invest in....a HO Intercooled Supercharger System With 7 psi or the Stage 2 HO Intercooled Supercharger System With 11 psi? The place that I get my upgrades at has the 7psi one @ $3,000 and the 11psi @ $3,100 but it doesnt include the upgrades i need (fuel injectors, chip, and fuel system, <<<how much would all of this go for?). I dont plan to go to the strip or anything, just fun on the street and with a few friends. What should I invest in?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
(IM GUESSING YOUR SPEAKING OF THE PROCHARGER SYSTEM)With even the 7psi it is not required that u get the other upgrades like u said,but you will need the chip for either system. For fuel upgrades and chip i estimate about 600 dollars, but even with the 7psi it would be a good thing to get those fuel upgrades even thought they arent needed...also those are just the BASIC upgrades to make it work, but u could always get a MAF hope this helps u a bit, im sure more people will add to this..and as far as which one im gonna have to go with the 11 psi...go big or go home!:cool:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Ive been told up to 1000 dollars extra for everything else needed that doesnt come with the kit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Definatly go with the 11psi kit. For 100 extra dollars, and you will be putting close to 300rwhp to the ground. I'm guessing you would need 30lb injectors and a 255lph fuel pump w75mm maf 600$ is what I would say as well. You might want to try and pick up an old lightning maf and injectors, I think they are 80mm, but you could get a deal on them. Try ebay.

dyno of a procharged v6 330rwhp w/11psi , port and polish, and cam.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For 2 grand you can get my 3.8 with a vortech blower and computer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that an 11 psi would damage the car and that I should have it forged if I were to get an 11 psi. will there be problems if I only use it as an everyday car and ever once and awhile smoke someone at a light stop? Will i see it go past 80,000? I just hear so many different things I want to get the record straight.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
as long as 11psi is intercooled, it is safe on stock engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts