Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been really looking into upgrading brakes on my Roush since there is not much left to add suspension wise and performance. I was looking into the Cobra brake set up but stumbled onto the "Fully torqued racing" set up that they had. It seems like it's a better bang for your buck. If you can source your own stuff for cheap.

Has any one ever run this set up or seen any one that has?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
The only car I've seen with that kit so far is Brett Madsen's car (the one Soccerluvr is always posting up). FOR is a sponsor/member on another forum I'm on and they used Brett as their test subject. The kit is only a couple months old so I doubt you're gonna see many people with them installed. The one downfall is that you have to run 18s for them to fit.

I've been tempted to pick up their kit myself, but decided not to since I had 17s with winter tires on them for the snow.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thing I have 18's already lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size are our stock rotors 11.5"? Because I'm thinking of going this route and throwing in some slotted boss 302 rotors on since you have to get 07-09 gt500 rotors or 12-13 boss 302 rotors. Seems kind of over kill but hey why not.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Yeah stock is 11.5". Slotted rotors don't add any sort of stopping power and honestly aren't needed for a DD or even a car that sees one or two track days a year. But they look cool, especially when it fills an 18" wheel

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah stock is 11.5". Slotted rotors don't add any sort of stopping power and honestly aren't needed for a DD or even a car that sees one or two track days a year. But they look cool, especially when it fills an 18" wheel

That's mainly the reason I'm wanting slotted. And I'm trying to figure out if any other type of caliper will fit their bracket other then the 05-09 gts caliper because after looking at a few pictures the caliper looks tiny on such a large rotor

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
The kit lets you run 14" GT500 (or basically any S197) rotors with the dual piston 05-09 GT rotors. So the biggest difference is in more surface area since it has the same amount of pistons. FTR does have a kit as well as a few other places, but doesn't include the rotors or calipers. They sometimes have extras they will sell you though.

Because of this though the offset changes, so your wheels will stick out differently, you will then want to run 05-09 offset for your wheels.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I mean my front fenders are rolled not sure if that helps or it will be way to far out. But what offset are they typically running I know my front is +24

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought the spacers were just to hold the caliper center over the rotor? At least that's what it showed on their website

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the spacer on the bracket looks like it brings the caliper back to center over the rotor since its mounted on the out side of the knuckle ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418846625.883384.jpg

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha convincing yourself to upgrade to this now?

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
Yes

/thread

You know Soccer, tax returns are right around the corner....

:)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So it seems I'll be going this route now I bought my buddies old set of 05 gt calipers and its bracket for 40$ so hopefully by the time taxes come back in I can get the bracket and really get the ball rolling with this.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much more stopping power does a 4 piston have over 2?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
How much more stopping power does a 4 piston have over 2?

Depends on the rest of the set up. I can hit ABS in my stock cobra brakes so I don't need any more braking power currently, at least with these tires at the speeds I usually go (AutoX)

Bullitts are better than Bullets

1 - 20 of 20 Posts