Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I get paid tomorrow (about $250) and I want to order my new spoiler then -- the Saleen S281 wing. Can you all tell me the best place to order it from? Speedworx.com sells it for about $199, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on eBay. At least I'll know that by ordering from Speedworx it'll be genuine OEM and urethane -- not a cheap fiberglass imitation.

Anyone recommend another place? Plus.. I know you have to do some custom stuff with the third brake light and the S281 wing -- do they include those instructions, or is there a guide somewhere? I'm sure my stepdad will know what to do (who will install it with me -- he's a body mechanic), but I just wanted to know so that way I can be prepared.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here we go -- $189.99 http://speedworx.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/SID=1075317517.17587/page=product.html/product=1355

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You think that may be the best I'm going to get? Just seems a bit high considering you can get a paint OEM spoiler for under $100 on eBay and I bought my current one for $150.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
sounds about right. atleast your paint will not be that High, just to get my front bumper repainted will cost $500. :evil: so i am going to pass on that.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we're working out a deal with the shop my stepdad works for so that I'm going to trade in my old bumpers to have my new spoiler, deck lid, and side skirts painted.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
235.00 to my door direct from saleen, the wing will only have one place for bolts to go to hold it on.... so find some kind of self taper short (SHORT) screw and screw it in to hold down the spoiler on the front hole where there is no bolt.

also you will need double sided tape to run along teh back side to hold it in place and keep it from sliding up and down, mines been perfect for goign on a year now so thats all you need do.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
speedworx claims the best prices and they get them straight from saleen so yea id go that route.

·
Registered
19 Posts
good choice shahrum! i was never a big fan of the wing you had on there. you need some rims man! :D your car looks too sweet to have stock rims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts